1st Attempt at powder coating

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevej72

I didn't think I would get a chance to play with this for another week, but my wife had to get her appendix out last Thursday so we cancelled our vacation.

I tried doing a several tubes and a rifle cartridge. I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out other than a couple spots where the coating is thin. I should have used aluminum foil to hold them off the bottom as they stuck to the nut they were resting on. They did break lose easliy though. It looks like it ran a little at there bottom of the tubes. I think the aluminum foil would have given better electrical contection too.

I did read James Mann's tutorial, but still not sure if I did everything right. Not sure how much powder to spray on or how to make sure it is even. I'll have to practice a little more.

I stuck a label to one of them and it seems to stick quite well. I will print one tomorrow and see how it turns out.

200791145545_DSC01312.jpg

20079114565_DSC01315.jpg

stevers

Steve,
That bottom photo looks good. Shiny and clean. You'll have to do some experimenting for us and share the findings. How well do the labels stick when poured and pressurized? Will it scratch? You'll come up with more answerers for our questions as you go along. Keep us informed. I may have some work for you.[}:)][}:)][;)][;)]

leehljp

Member Liaison
Great looking! When first time experiments look like that, I get excited about the possibilities. Several people have told me how easy it is. I will get into PCing when I get back to the States after retirement (4 years). Been wanting to do that for a long time but didn't want to bring any equipment over here.

Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom