10mm Barrel Trimmer?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

malargent

I've got a 7mm barrel trimmer, which works well. I've started making 10mm pens, so I need a 10mm barrel trimmer (right?).

Can I buy a 10mm trimmer? PSI doesn't seem to sell one (just to combo kit).

What do you guys do for 10mm pens? Advice please.

Thanks,
Mark

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

I make sleeves (they are also sold by some vendors) based on turning down scrap with a 7 mm tube in the center. The sleeve needs to be a good fit at the ends, and close in between.

Sleeve goes over the pen mill shaft, and the shaft/sleeve goes into the tube in the blank, and milling can proceed.

Several of the small vendors in the Classified forum make and sell sleeves of hard plastics.

Last edited:

mcmorrison

Pen Mills

I am just getting started myself, but I'll share what I did. I live in between a couple of WoodCraft stores so do much of my buying there. I originally got one of their kits (I think it is a WoodRiver) but soon found that all sizes were not available. Then I saw the Whiteside system that has most of the sizes available so I got their starter kit and have added most of the other sizes. I wish I had started on the Whiteside from the beginning.

Hope this helps.

I'm sure some of the more experienced folks here have ideas also.

Dustygoose

I made mine from a 7mm brass tube glued to a cheap piece of pine salvaged from a 2X4. Turn them to the ID of the brass tube of the kit. I have some for Baron, Orion, Jr series...etc. I write on the wood what the fit and either cap or body.

Top Bottom