10K CSUSA and Platinum Americana FP question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

For those that have made either or both of these; it appears that the caps for these should post. However, on the three I've made to date, they do not, at least after about the third posting. Is there a trick to these, or do they just not post? TIA!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vick

I make a lot of snap caps, though never the fountain pens. It most definately should post on the back. All I can say is compare the nib section length and the rear section length and see if they match up, or try posting the cap on anothe snap cap to see if it works. If the parts are irregular CSU is very good about sending replacements.

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
If we are thinking about the same pen, there are a couple potential problems. One is that the hollow tube of the posting stub can be deformed during assembly. This can be from either too much pressure or an oversized finial the expands the tube.

The other problem can be a burr os wire-edge on the inside of the brass tube in the cap. Use an Exacto knife or a small file to correct this one.

A 3rd problem can come from mixing the parts and tubes from the Craft Supplies pen with those from Berea. They may look to be the same pen, but there are a few 1/000's difference in tube and fitting diamaters that they can be a problem.

alamocdc

Thanks, Russ, I had the right parts in, but I think it was a seating problem. I followed the instructions to the letter, or so I thought. I think from now on, I'll test the seating on the finial first. When that's right, the other end should take care of itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom