100 year old ash from flooring

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pshrynk

We did some remodeling on our home a while back and I ended up with a bunch of ash flooring that has been sitting around gathering dust. I decided to play around a bit and this is the result:
3f7014d7cea466c8a9c647c2a655b389.jpg

5f207dcd6321e72b894c296ad746a5f0.jpg

1eaa771ac0c139d02bf7035ed6695218.jpg

72fe93104bbfb8fbef20081bcf494d06.jpg

The kits are slimline pen and pencil from PSI. The tightness of the grain is astounding.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Nice Pens Brian.
That's the kind of Ash, that you don't mind being all over your Floor. :rolleyes:
It is such a Great Tone and Stable wood, I suggest that you put some aside, for when you want to do some Segmenting, or using a Contrast against a Black or Red Base timber, you will have a perfect wood in the Ash. :good:
Congratulations,
Brian.

pshrynk

Nice Pens Brian.
That's the kind of Ash, that you don't mind being all over your Floor. :rolleyes:
It is such a Great Tone and Stable wood, I suggest that you put some aside, for when you want to do some Segmenting, or using a Contrast against a Black or Red Base timber, you will have a perfect wood in the Ash. :good:
Congratulations,
Brian.
No need to put some aside, I have around 300 feet of the flooring cut boards just stacked in my storage unit. Once I get to a confidence level of Segmenting, etc., that's a good idea. I also have a huge block of walnut, about 6 inches thick and 2x1 feet and oak with similar dimensions that I'm staring at and trying to figure out how to cut it on that puny little band saw in the picture. I couldn't possible be addicted, could I?

Top Bottom