100 Barons delivered!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jimr

The end of the largest pen order I will ever have. I know I will forever regret not getting a photo of them but I was down to the wire on delivery and could not get one. Anyway, some of you will remember some earlier posts about having to make 100 barons with names engraved- It is finally completed. I learned lots of lessons on that order. The main one was not to ever take on a production like that again with a short time frame(at least it was for me)
I do want to say that without the personal service and assistance from Bill Baumbeck and Ken Nelson, it would not have happened. Thanks to both of you.
If anyone ever suggests I take that kind of order on again, I will come up aside their head with the handle of a large gouge.
Now back to some normal turning. I do this for fun, not for a job.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

txbatons

Congrats. My dad always told me to learn from others' experiences, so I will take your reaction to heart! I would be surprised if you don't get lots of business from the recipients. You might feed off that one order for months/years!

Hayseedboy

Wheeepw!! Glad that is over :) Were they all identical? I agree and bet that this will drive sales for you from those that received one. Also your opportunity to increase prices if need be.

Now that your pocketbook is full what tool you gonna buy?

makaiolani

Originally posted by rhahnfl

Something like that can definitely turn a hobby into a four letter word... work. Glad to hear you got it done. Hope they really made it worth your while. ;)

Work is right! However I'd rather be doing this as work than anything else. The Holiday season is the worst, but right now it's back to the passion. Can you believe I turned over 4000 inlaid pens last year? Now I can get back to my elaborate pens.

Top Bottom