1 for 3 with corian

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RyanNJ

I really like how corian turns but I can not get my pens together.
One 1 pen cracked in 1 place
and the one I turned today cracked everywhere I pressed a part in...
I have no idea why, the tubes appeared clean and I thought I pressed everything in straigt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam

johnnycnc

Thanks for the help.
I was wondering how to file the parts

I'm not going to get too deep here, but I think I would darn sure file the inside of tubes to ease the fit before I attempted to file kit parts.
The tubed blanks will be a lot easier to hold than a small kit part, and you won't violate the plating on the kit, by reaming/filing the inside of the tubes.

I do plenty of filing and deburring on my job as a CNC machinist and the smaller the part, the more of a pain it is to deburr.

John

jskeen

I use chainsaw sharpening files usually, they are cheap, easy to find at any hardware store or even at wallyworld, and do a good job inside a brass tube. Now, a file comb is a little harder to find, but something every shop should have. It's like a wire brush, but with smaller diameter wire spaced further apart and is specifically for cleaning brass or whatever out of files without dulling the file. Another trick is to file a piece of chalkboard chalk with the file before using on brass, aluminum or other stuff with a tendency to clog. The chalk preloads the file and minimizes clogging.

Top Bottom