1/16"rod

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

junosdad

Most all of the knife making supply sites offer a very wide variety of rod stock. Including the 1/16 inch you're looking for. Have a look at the mosaic rods :)

Sam

Bigj51

You can pick it up at your local hobby lobby. I saw it when I was picking up my 1/8" hollow aluminum rod.

PTsideshow

Your local big box hardware store will have it in the section were they sell the welders. Either gas welding rod or TIG rod will work you could try the local welding shop or welder. They generally sell it by the pound. It works out a lot cheaper in the long run. and it comes in size from 1/16" and up to about 5/16" dia. and 36 inch lengths in aluminum, steel, bronze(brazing rod), copper and stainless steel. You also can get it in some exotics like nickle silver.
:clown:

jttheclockman

Your local big box hardware store will have it in the section were they sell the welders. Either gas welding rod or TIG rod will work you could try the local welding shop or welder. They generally sell it by the pound. It works out a lot cheaper in the long run. and it comes in size from 1/16" and up to about 5/16" dia. and 36 inch lengths in aluminum, steel, bronze(brazing rod), copper and stainless steel. You also can get it in some exotics like nickle silver.
:clown:

Will have to try this avenue also. I like the idea of other materials as well. Thanks

monophoto

Anyone know where I can purchase some 1/16" aluminum rod?? If so do you have a link??? Thanks

I saw some a few days ago at Snows in Orleans, MA. They have an extensive model train and model-making section, and have a fairly complete line of sheet, rod and tube stock in aluminum, brass and steel.

Expanding the thought - try hobby stores, and especially stores that specialize in model trains.

KenV

If you need a bunch -- welding supply sells in pound lots.

Need one or two pieces, hobby stores sell by the piece.

Then there is smallparts.com

jttheclockman

Hobby Lobby did not carry it. Home Depot and Lowes did not carry it. I found a hobby store on line that carries the KS line and they have all sizes. Thanks.

Top Bottom