0.5MM slimline pencil kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
Oh, crud, I didn't even look at the size! heh I'm not sure on the 0.5mm. I'd love it if they'd start making 0.9mm ones. That's what all of us keep in our tool belts at work for marking lumber, the skinnier stuff just snaps right off and you gotta sharpen regular pencils. We're all stuck using the limited stuff you can get in that size. My current one is some sparkly purple plastic thing, but it was cheap! Sorry I wasn't more help! Good luck my friend..er, mate! hehe :)

badger

Originally posted by simomatra

Thanks Karl I already had that one made and found out after that it was 0.7mm lead and not 0.5mm. He is a design engineer and want 0.5mm lead only but also in a slimline

Really? I'm looking for 0.7mm kits actually!?! Can you point me to the link were I can get this? AZ I assume? I'm not familiar enough with their product line, and their site is confusing. Any chance of link?

karlkuehn

Banned
I guess another option would be to bash a couple kits together if you can find a mechanism skinny enough to fit in the 7mm tube. I think PSI's kits are 8mm. Not sure, lemme do some more digging. :)

JerrySambrook

I will check my box when I get home tonight. I might have some left that are .5 mm. It's funny, I work as a designer as well, and for normal work I use the .7, but for drawings, I use .3, .5, .7, and .9,
with the overwhelming use at .5

Just my 2 cents

wickford

Rockler also has a .5mm slimline pencil. I've done a couple of them. Nice kits, but they're a little bit shorter than the other slimlines that I've done...

arioux

On Berea Hardwood site, when you look at the slimline 7mm matching pencil page, it say that .05mm is available on request. So i guess that any Berea reseller could have them.

Alfred

Sylvanite

The slimline pencil kits I've used from WoodNWhimsies are (I believe) 0.5mm. So are the standard PSI slimline pencils. I agree with rick, however, about the Pentel pencil. The Pentel mechanism is much higher quality than any slimline pencil I've seen.

Regards,
Eric

simomatra

Thanks everyone for your help. Every kit I have an seen in various shops has been 0.7mm. I did purchase a Berea one supposed to be 0.5mm but it is also 0.7mm

Thanks R2 will check with David today, Ernie answered but does not carry 0.5mm

Thanks for the suggestions on the Pentel I will also look into that.

Must fly off to do first aid course

Many thanks for all your help

Top Bottom