0.5mm Pencil Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TomW

There is a tutorial in the library about converting sierra kits to work with pencil, and .5mm pencil refills that work great.

Tom

Wheaties

Thanks for the replies!

I don't really like the pentel conversions, but I may try a conversion based on AZ pencil mechanizums.

As I was typing this I found that CSUSA has 0.5mm in a slimline. I must have missed that on my first check. I can switch out the clip and CB on that kit if I want a "fancy" style slimline right?

Sylvanite

Typically, slimline pencil kits use 0.5mm lead. I'm not, however, thrilled with the quality of the mechanism. I've made and used several - and they've all failed. Pentel makes the best mechanical pencil mechanism (in my opinion), but if you don't like the style, you can convert many Parker-style pens to pencils by using the Schmidt pencil mechanism. It is available in 0.5mm. For some kits, such as the "Perfect-Fit", the Schmidt pencil is a drop-in replacement. For others, a nib modification is necessary.

Regards,
Eric

TomW

And the best thing about the schmidt pencil refill is you get a new mechanism each time you change out the refill... I usually put new lead into the old one a couple of times, then go for new refill.
Tom

Top Bottom