"Ivory" contest!!! PRIZES!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by BRobbins629

So just to be clear, how much of the pen must be from alternate ivory? Does any amount count?

Bruce,

I expected that question and wish I had a GREAT answer. HOWEVER, how about we say it has to have at least HALF the pen as alt ivory???

Since I won't be judging and the judges won't be SEEING the actual pen, there is room for interpretation. A centerband with two "oooppps" rings won't cut it. But a nice inlay ......well, I COULD be persuaded.

I would encourage the judges to emphasize use of Alt ivory, since that is the PURPOSE of the contest. However, as long as it HAS alt ivory, I would not DISQUALIFY, although I may take away style points, if I were the judge.

Sufficiently nebulous?????? ENTER the pen, it costs nothing and you MAY get a prize!!!:D:D:D:D

One of my favorite sayings, "For free, take!!!"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by johnnycnc

Ed,where do we post our alternative ivory entry?

Just post the picture in SOYP as you normally would. Then post in this thread, saying you want your pen in the "contest".

That's all it takes!!!

<center>AND THANKS FOR ASKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</center>

johnnycnc

Ed, posted in soyp,"alternative ivory"
title.
2 beautiful pens I would like to
have in the contest,please!
I don't know what a Kringle is but it sounds yummy!:):D

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thank-you, Johnnie!!!!

Right now, I can safely assure you you are in FIRST PLACE!!!!! (Too bad we don't have judges yet, but we will get there!)

WHO will give Johnnie a little competition???????
ONLY 18 days left!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
UUUUUUUHhhhhhhhh, Bruce,

Could you take a picture through a microscope, please.

Just the alt ivory section would be fine.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bitshird

Mr. Brown sir: can the pen be one that has already been shown once before? I have an alternate Ivory Churchill that was shown in SYOP a while back, also it is not done from your Alt. Ivory but was done from some Alt. Ivory from the company that makes tru stone, will this qualify?? if not, how much is your Alternative Ivory per blank??

DocStram

I'm confused. Can one submit a pen made of nonalternate ivory? Or is there an inalternate ivory division? On second thought .... maybe it's really an unalternate ivory pen.

Nevermind. ;)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The pens CAN be pens that have been posted in the past.

However, they must be "mostly" made from the product sold as "Alternative Ivory". This product is only MADE by one manufacturer, whose offices are in Europe (I really don't KNOW if it's MADE there or "outsourced" - but they hold the patents, so all "Alternative Ivory" is the same stuff) and is SOLD through Craft Supply and others, including me.:D:D:D:D

Hope that is clear(er).

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Bump,
and,
Remember, if you want to be in the "contest", you have to say so on this thread.

That's how I will be suggesting the judges FIND the entries!!!

Thanks, Judges to be selected soon!!

Contest closing in just over a week!:D:D:D:D

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I need a ruling from the panel. Does Surf and Alternate Turf (paua and alternate ivory) count?

2008613234314__DSC0324.jpg

bitshird

Ed, I'm going to start my entry tomorrow, the material looks great, I want to buy some more.
I waited until my burned arm healed and a dumb stupid, nasty bill paying silver job was finished so I could devote both braincells to this effort, with out being whacked out on pain meds.
I seriously doubt if I can match the beauty and just plain WOW factor of a few of the entry's, but for a Kringle I'll give it a try[:p][:p][:p][:p]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
OK, the weekend is coming.

First, prizes:

First prize will be a Kringle, with a $75 gift certificate for purchases from ARTpens (not surprisingly, me!!) CATalog and addenda. This can be used any time in the next six months, since there will likely be some "new stuff" coming from Europe and the PR-Princess is finalizing some "other stuff" (I don't know which of them will become available and which will only be distributed through HER European connection (Skippy).

Second prize will also be a Kringle (owing to the popularity of this prize, as well as $30 gift certificate.

Next, we are considering judging the entries by a poll (I had planned on three judges - This plan is also still viable) Does anyone have any feedback on which way they prefer???

A poll will take longer, but I don't think any of the participants are counting on winning, anyhow. And, it might be more fun.

FEEDBACK DESIRED on this one!!!

Still have till Wednesday to enter!! Come one, come all!!!:D

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Lou,

Any way the judging evolves, THEY will decide. But, I would certainly think the pen is "in the spirit of" the contest (and a very pretty pen, by the way!)

bitshird

Ed, I just submitted my humble entry, considering whats been shown so far, mine looks like an Amish version, (kind of plain and very simple, but thanks for the contest any way, I also posted a picture of my Alternative Ivory El Grande, next to a Trustone Ivory Churchill.
Real Alternative Ivory looks and feels more like real Ivory and turns much easier.[:eek:)][8D]:D

VisExp

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
REMINDER!!!!

Entries must be posted by 5 pm Wednesday, June 18.

<center>HURRY, HURRY, HURRY!!!!!! STEP RIGHT UP, WIN A KRINGLE (FROM THE TOP ROW) and some blanks!!</center>

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by VisExp

Ed, in a desparate attempt to sample a kringle I have submitted two entries :D

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38136

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38389

Thank you so much for running this contest. Even if I don't get a kringle I feel like a winner. Firstly I got to play with a new material. Secondly, I got to challenge myself, develop some new skills and try some new designs.

Your efforts to liven up the forum are greatly appreciated!

<center>
OUR WINNER!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!
</center>

bobaltig

Congratulations Keith. A great example of superior workmanship and your pen is beautiful design.

Be careful you don't contract Kringlitus. There is no known cure and normal physical activity can be resumed after months of intense physical therapy at Esmeralda's House of Therapeutic Massage and Body Repair in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.

Bob

bitshird

Keith, I was pretty sure your sine wave pen would be the winner, Congratulations on creating an outstanding pen, glad you won [^][^][^][^][^]

Top Bottom