"Eagle"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

avbill

Good morning everybody,

Throughout several threads in penturning there has been a reference to "Eagle". "Such as I received this blank from Eagle." or "Eagle made some beautiful pens" These references let you assume somebody is called Eagle. Within the different threads the writing has indicated that this person has died. Are my assumptions correct? My other question: Is there a web page that has this persons work on it so I can study their work further?

Bill Daniels

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
He's not dead.

I consider him a good friend.

He was excommunicated. He can be blunt.

I'm sure others will tell you where he "hangs out" now. I don't know the actual urls.

Search the IAP for "Eagle" and you will see most of his designs, they have been posted here by those of us who are fortunate enough to have succeeded in turning them. (Some are not difficult, others are)

Want to talk with him, PM me or GaryMG or Oklahoman or a handful of others.

alphageek

Former Moderator
This is kinda funny.. About once a month someone discovers the reference and starts this. I have to say - ignoring the who drama part, his blanks are definitely something worth studying. Having seen a couple in person, they are unique.

sbell111

I'm unfamiliar with the Eagle issue, but I think that a person can communicate his/her meaning and still self edit. Too many times, particularly in online forums, people try to excuse being a jerk by explaining that they 'call things as they see them'.

GaryMGg

Originally posted by karlkuehn

Be quiet, Johnnie, you talk too much.
Pot, kettle, black ?!?!?!? [}:)][}:)]
:D:D

I consider Eagle a true friend. He calls me on my BS to my face ;)
He hand-produces some of the most magnificent pen blanks I've seen.

OKLAHOMAN

Steve as you said your unfamilair</u> with the issue!!!Enough said.
I also consider Eagle a friend and his blanks are second to none,as Ed said contact Him,me,GaryMg and we'll put you in contact.

Originally posted by sbell111

I'm unfamiliar with the Eagle issue, but I think that a person can communicate his/her meaning and still self edit. Too many times, particularly in online forums, people try to excuse being a jerk by explaining that they 'call things as they see them'.

sbell111

Originally posted by OKLAHOMAN
Originally posted by sbell111
Steve as you said your unfamilair</u> with the issue!!!Enought said.
I also consider Eagle a friend and his blanks are second to none,as Ed said contact Him,me,GaryMg and we'll put you in contact.
Take a breath.

My post was in response to Johnnie's. I made it perfectly clear that it was not about Eagle.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by avbill

Good morning everybody,

Throughout several threads in penturning there has been a reference to "Eagle". "Such as I received this blank from Eagle." or "Eagle made some beautiful pens" These references let you assume somebody is called Eagle. Within the different threads the writing has indicated that this person has died. Are my assumptions correct? My other question: Is there a web page that has this persons work on it so I can study their work further?

Bill Daniels

Bill,

Nah, Eagle's not dead, just smells a bit funny! :D

Count me as one who calls Eagle a friend. He is unsurpassed, IMHO, when it comes to one of a kind blanks.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Eagle has the ability to "see" or "know" what is inside of segments before getting there. Said another way - He has the ability to know what is needed to make the insides look like a masterpiece when he segments. And his blanks are like wonderful Christmas presents, that when opened, astound the recipient.

You might say he has an "Eagle Eye", even if he does smell, as Cav said! :D

Bluewing92

Originally posted by GaryMGg

Originally posted by karlkuehn

Be quiet, Johnnie, you talk too much.
Pot, kettle, black ?!?!?!? [}:)][}:)]
:D:D

I consider Eagle a true friend. He calls me on my BS to my face ;)
He hand-produces some of the most magnificent pen blanks I've seen.

So Gary, you say Eagle calls you on your BandSaw. I don’t recall seeing a video-phone attachment on it the last time I was in your shop. Is it a simple upgrade?:D

IPD_Mrs

Bruce that link is only the tip of the talon!:D
As you know that is some of his earlier work and what he does now puts that to shame. I think he makes these just to see folks squirm when drilling and turning them.

We too call him friend even while talking politics and religion.[:p] Our lives are that much richer with his friendship.

Mike & Linda

Randy_

Not sure what all of the secrecy is about? His email addy is listed on his web site.

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=294111&ck=

email address replaced with link to web site -- Jeff

Randy_

What's impolite about repeating something that is posted on a public web site??

Seems reasonable to assume that if william didn't want his email addy generally known, he would not have made it available on his own web site??

alamocdc

FWIW, the "cryptic" way Randy planted the address can still be decyphered by some of the more advanced spambots. For that reason, I've asked Jeff to correct all such references in this thread. Having such references on one's own web site is one thing, but posting it elsewhere only compounds the problem.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by Randy_

What's impolite about repeating something that is posted on a public web site??

Seems reasonable to assume that if william didn't want his email addy generally known, he would not have made it available on his own web site??

I have a website? Why didn't anyone tell me? Is it a good one? :D

Top Bottom