Feb. 20 Trivia question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
IAP 2011 BIRTHDAY BASH TRIVIA CONTEST-20 FEB QUESTION

Welcome
to the twentieth day of this year's
IAP TRIVIA CONTEST !!!

We will aim to start each daily contest by 12 noon ET on a given day; but TriviaMeister schedules may necessitate earlier or later starting times. Regardless of the starting time, you will have until noon ET of the following day to email your answer for the contest question. Please be sure to include your IAP screen name with your answer so we know who you are.

All entries "postmarked" before noon ET of the contest closing day will be placed in a hat(electronic hat, actually) and one winner selected. The winners will be the first entry selected at random that is valid and have the correct answer to the contest question. The winner will be announced on contest closing day at 8 P.M. ET (or thereabouts as the TriviaMeister's schedule permits) and the decision of the TriviaMeister will be final.

Email your answer to: trivia@penturners.org

Please show the date and name of the contest in the subject line of your email entry i.e., 20 FEB Trivia. You can copy/paste the preceeding. (This saves time for the TriviaMeister in processing entries.) Also be sure to include your screen name with your answer!!

The prize you will be competing for today is:

TBD - Two winners selected by random daily.

!!!!!***HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK***!!!!!

Question for day 20.....

What species of wood is Cordia dodecandra commonly known as?

Email your answer to: trivia@penturners.org

Please show the date and name of the contest in the subject line of your email entry i.e., 20 FEB Trivia. You can copy/paste the preceeding. (This saves time for the TriviaMeister in processing entries.) Also be sure to include your screen name with your answer!!

Note: "Laundry list" entries that include several possible alternative answers are "NOT" acceptable. Submit only one answer per question or question part(if there is a multi-part question) unless the question specifically asks for multiple answers. Thanks.

The TriviaMeisters have decided there will be "NO" limit on the number of times any one person can win a prize. If you know your stuff and are lucky in the draw, you could win as many as 28 prizes!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager

phillywood

Ed, here is the wrong wording " What species of wood is".
Zircote is within the specie of Cordia.
The qsn should have been asked as "what wood"

Cordia

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
For the automobile, see Mitsubishi Cordia.
Cordia Cordia boissieri in bloomScientific classificationKingdom:Plantae(unranked):Angiosperms(unranked):Eudicots(unranked):AsteridsOrder:(unplaced)Family:BoraginaceaeSubfamily:CordioideaeGenus:Cordia
L.Type speciesCordia myxa
L.[1]SpeciesSee text
SynonymsCerdana Ruiz & Pav.
Cordiada Vell.
Cordiopsis Desv.
Lithocardium Kuntze
Rhabdocalyx Lindl.
Sebesten Adans.
Sebestena Boehm.[2]

Cordia is a genus of flowering plants in the borage family, Boraginaceae. It contains about 300 species of shrubs and trees, which are found worldwide mostly in warmer regions. Many of the species are commonly called manjack, while bocote may refer to several Central American species in Spanish. The generic name honours German botanist and pharmacist Valerius Cordus (1515-1544).[3] Like most other Boraginaceae, a majority have trichomes (hairs) on the leaves.

Last edited:

bensoelberg

Phil, if I understand your wikipedia qoute correctly, cordia would not be correct either because it is the genus, not the species. I'm probably wrong, but one of the only things that I remember from biology was the the acronym- Kings Play Chess On Fine Grained Sand, standing for Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species. So that would indicate that Cordia is not the species, but the Genus and that any number of wood species would fall under that classification.

IPD_Mrs

Phil I thought you were saying that the answer was Ziricote not Zircote which was why I was agreeing with you. If your answer was Cordia then you are in fact wrong.

Top Bottom