The Winners of the Russ Fairfield Memorial Challenge

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

The results of the First annual Russ Fairfield Memorial Challenge are in . The entries for this contest have all shown an understanding of the teachings of Russ Fairfield and are all fantastic examples the styles of pen Russ had become famous for . The workmanship of all these pens are outstanding and everyone of you should be proud of the work you have done . Everyone of the entries shown are winners in my opinion but as with every contest there has to be top winners and according to the esteemed Judges they are .

First place - bensoelberg: "We thought he captured the essence of a Russ pen without simply copying. The maple inlays were a nice interpretation of Russ's wire burning. We also thought Russ would have been impressed with the hidden clip."
Ben wins a complete set of Russ Fairfield DVD's donated by Alfred (arioux)

attachment.php

Second place - jaywood1207: "A very nice copy of a Russ pen, right down to the burn lines and a nice, yet warm finish."
Jamie wins a package of 20 Gold Ti slimlines donated by Exotic blanks .

attachment.php

Third place - Soligen: "A very credible attempt at one of Russ's later executions of the Russ Line with a wooden nib. The hidden clip and the segmenting were executed very well."
Dennis wins a package of 10 BOW blanks w/certs donated by Chip (Padre)

attachment.php

Congrats to the winners and to all who entered , you are all winners in my book .

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bensoelberg

This Birthday bash month has meant a lot to me. One month ago today I found out that I will be losing my job at the end of the school year. Having the Birthday bash contests has given me something to really look forward to each day, and the contest have served as a distraction. What could have been a really bad month has been turned into a really good month by all of the members here at the IAP, and this is just the icing on the cake. Thanks to all of you.

jaywood1207

Wow. I didn't think I had a chance compared to some of the other pens entered. This was a fun one to do and even though I have gone through Russ's site in the past I still learn something everytime I go in there. Congratulations to everyone who participated in memory of Russ.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I'm really glad I was NOT a judge!!!

ALL the entries were superb, the winners are magnificent!! What a way to start a memorial tradition!!

Thanks to all and Congratulations to the three winners!

Rick_G

Another fun year and birthday bash. Congratulations to all the winners and my thanks to all the hard work by the judges and special thanks to the prize donors that made it even more fun. I'll be back next year.

kinggabby

all well done .But for me to be sure how nice they all are they must me mailed to me for further inspection. Granted it will take up to 5 years per pen for inspection and testing the writing abilities.

soligen

Ben & Jamie Congratulations!!

This BASH has been great. ALL the pens have been first rate, and I am thrilled to show among such outstanding efforts.

Congrats to everyone who entered - looking through the subission thread, they area all winners IMO. I think we can continue to honor Russ throughout the year by continuing to build on what Russ has taught us.

And, thanks to the judges for your time and consideration. Getting a consensus out of this bunch of pens couldn't have been easy.

Scott

I want to than everyone for participating in this contest, and in the Birthday Bash. The pens entered in this contest were amazing! They were all winners! I would be proud to own any of them (no, that's not a hint!).

Judging them was very tough. If you didn't win you shouldn't feel bad. Look at the rest of the entries, and you'll know you are in good company. For those who won - good job!

Thank you all for participating, and for letting me be a part of it. Until next year!

Scott.

Top Bottom