The Modified Cigar pen contest winners

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

The winning order of the Modified Cigar pen contest , chosen by popular vote is .

First place - Soligen - Finial operated Redheart , Walnut and Blackwood . This Awesome pen wins Dennis a Beautiful Plaque proclaiming him as the winner of the 7th IAP Birthday Bash Modified Cigar pen contest and a prize package donated by Richard (Rmartin) consisting of a tru-stone cigar pens package .

attachment.php

Second place - Sylvanite - Angle cut Curly Maple band Blackwood . Eric wins a prize donated by Gary (CaptG) consisting of Geared Carbon fiber blank for Sierra .

attachment.php

Third place - Turbowagon - One piece Masur Birch . Joe wins a prize donated by John (JohnU) consisting of 3 pheasant feather sierra blanks .

masur_birch_one_piece_cigar_800.JPG

I wish to thank everyone who entered a pen in the contest , you are all winners in my book , your pens were all outstanding . Congrats to everyone .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sylvanite

Great job everybody. It was a lot of fun to play. Joe, that is a beautiful piece of birch and an outstanding photo. Dennis, I thought I had a chance at this contest until I saw your entry - then I was just blown away. The modifications were great, the fit and finish were perfect, and your sense of form, proportion, and style were unbeatable.

Congratulations Dennis, Joe, and everybody else who entered. As with all of Butch's challenges, the education I got from trying was the real prize. Thanks for running the contest.

Thanks also to everybody else who made the Birthday Bash happen, and to all who support this great site.

Sincerely,
Eric

soligen

Wow, I am honored. I'd like to thank, well, everyone. Butch and the rest of the BASH team for running a GREAT set of bash events. All the entrants - I hope you learned as much as I did making your modded cigar pen. And thanks to all the voters - voting has been tough chioces in all the contests. We all win by streaching ourselves.

And, a special thank you to ALL THE IAP MEMBERSHIP. My entry would never have been possible without the inspiration, comunity support and educational help all of you provide. I've learned so much from all of you, its just astounding, but also humbling on how much there is still left to learn.

Last edited:
Top Bottom