Votes: 51 26.8%
  • Finalist #3

Votes: 27 14.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Well, this year was a GREAT year for entries into the contest. The problem with all the great entries is it made it VERY, VERY difficult on my team to choose finalists. All entrants are most certainly winners in my book. If I could, I would award prizes to you all. Unfortunately it was a contest. With any contest there will be both jubilation as well as disappointment. To those who made the finals, I say congratulations. To those who did not, please know that I appreciate your efforts and just by your participation, you have inspired many to "step up" their game. Please be sure and place an appropriate comment along with your vote so you can be sure to be included in the drawing for the "Random Voter" prize at the end. All entrants please help out and be a part of the voting as well. With all that, here are your three finalists:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Finalist #1

Finalist #1 Description : Hand cut leaves of assorted exotic woods cast in red, gold, bronze resin and adorned with hand spun brass hardware with folded brass clip.

Attachments

• Finalist1a.jpg
    Finalist1a.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 152
  • Finalist1b.jpg
    Finalist1b.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 138
  • Finalist1c.jpg
    Finalist1c.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Finalist #2

Finalist #2 Description : Constructed from solid black, stained glass and alternate bone blanks. Transitions are thin plastics. The clip and center band are solid sterling silver. The clip was attached to the cap with 2 stainless steel bolts.

Attachments

• Finalist2a.jpg
    Finalist2a.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 179
  • Finalist2b.jpg
    Finalist2b.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 119
  • Finalist2c.jpg
    Finalist2c.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Finalist #3

Finalist #3 Description : Solid Sterling Silver Fountain Pen.
51 seperat pieces of opal cut and inlayed into the pen.
Heritance steel nib
Postable.

Attachments

• Finalist3a.jpg
    Finalist3a.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 141
  • Finalist3b.jpg
    Finalist3b.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 95
  • Finalist3c.jpg
    Finalist3c.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
The Almost made it winner (4th Place)

The finalists Identity will be revealed after the voting is over. The Almost made it winner (4th Place) goes to MartinPens. CONGRATS!! Here is the 4th place entry: Description : Trombone Tribute Pen
This sterling silver hardware on instrument grade curly Koa pen is inspired by my son's trombone playing. This functional rollerball pen uses sterling silver Cambridge Hybrid parts and a sterling silver instrument elbow with functioning spit valve.

Attachments

• entry8b.jpg
    entry8b.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 66
  • entry8c.jpg
    entry8c.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 36
  • entry8d.jpg
    entry8d.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Pete275

The choice was a difficult one but I made my vote. Thanks to all that participated in this one. All of the pens were awesome and inspiring. I hope to someday submit an entry into this one.

Wayne

ctubbs

Regardless to the final vote outcome, there is not a looser in the group. Congratulations to each and everyone of the artist. Thank you for your efforts and sharing your creations with us.
Charles

bensoelberg

Now I know that I better start designing and working on my pen for next year. It's going to take at least a year to get good enough to even begin competing with those. Well done!!!

DrBills

All three finalist pens are awesome! I am just starting and I hope someday to make a pen as good as any of these.

Bill

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
The finalists Identity will be revealed after the voting is over. The Almost made it winner (4th Place) goes to MartinPens. CONGRATS!! Here is the 4th place entry: Description : Trombone Tribute Pen
This sterling silver hardware on instrument grade curly Koa pen is inspired by my son's trombone playing. This functional rollerball pen uses sterling silver Cambridge Hybrid parts and a sterling silver instrument elbow with functioning spit valve.

This is one very cleverly made and thought out pen! Great job!

burr

Congrats to all! they are all very nicely done, fit and finish top notch, color combos are great, hard to choose just one.

MartinPens

I was surprised about which pens made the finals! My favorite (apart from my submission) : ). Did not make the top three.

I've posted my submission in Show Off Your Pens under the title Trombone Tribute.

Martin

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I know there is plenty out there who have not voted. There is still time to get that done. I'm sure the finalists would like to hear your thoughts and that would also get you entered in the random voter drawing.

Top Bottom