Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Vote HERE

7th Anniversary Logo Contest!

Entry deadline EXTENDED to Nov 10

Fame, notoriety, and a $100 PRIZE! Enter via email (see below) by Nov 8, 2010.

For the first time last year, we had a contest to select the logo for our 6th anniversary. That whole activity was lots of fun, and we ended up with a fantastic logo from [profile]PrinterTom[/profile]. So, let's do it again!

What we're looking for is a logo

• with clean, simple lines in black and white
  • that has elements of pens, the IAP, penmaking, etc.
  • which likely contains the number "7" or "VII" or the word "seven" or "seventh"
You MAY (as the 2009 and the 2010 logos did) incorporate one of existing IAP logos into your submission.

The Contest

Beginning precisely one microsecond after this post is made and continuing through approximately midnight US Eastern time on November 8, entries for the logo contest will be accepted as jpg images sent via email to logo7 ("at" penturners.org)

If more than 5 submissions are received, I and our trusty management team will whittle those down to the best 5, then I will post those as a poll and we'll vote on our favorite. The voting period will be Nov 15 through 29.

The names of the members submitting entries will not be revealed until after the final voting. So, DO NOT POST YOUR ENTRY ANYWHERE!!! Submit it by email as described below.

The winning entry will be tweaked as needed by our crack digital editing team, then will become the official logo of the IAP 7th Birthday Bash. It will appear on our annual run of limited edition coffee mugs, as well as be immortalized on the front page of our site for the whole of 2011.

The Prize

At a minimum, the winner will receive:

• A $100 gift certificate to the penmaking supply vendor of their choice OR a $100 gift certificate to Amazon.com
  • One of each item on which the logo is used (mugs, hats, whatever we make...)
Submitting Your Entry

DO NOT POST YOUR ENTRY!!

• You may submit one entry.
  • There is no fee for entry. Entries become the property of penturners.org
  • Submit your entry by email to: logo7 ("at" penturners.org). Please put "Logo Contest Entry" in the subject field of your email. All entries will be acknowledged by email within 24 hours of receipt.
  • Entries should be jpg images of your digitally created entry or a scan of your hand-drawn entry.
  • Only members of The IAP/penturners.org are eligible.
  • Sorry, members of the management team, you're not eligible!
Additional Clarification:

• The logo you submit will be voted upon exactly as you submit it. We won't do any cleanup or tweaking until after the winner is selected.
  • The logos need to be black and white, not gray scale or color. If you'll look at last year's logo you'll see what I mean. The reason for that is the design of the mugs, with the logo in clay relief, can only accommodate only two "colors" (clay or no clay). If you want to submit a logo in color, which we could use reasonably economically for embroidered items such as hats, that's fine. But please also make sure that when reduced to black and white that it still looks the same.
Contact me via PM if you have questions or concerns.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
7th Anniversary Logo Contest!

Fame, notoriety, and a $100 PRIZE! Enter via email (see below) by Nov 8, 2010.

For the first time last year, we had a contest to select the logo for our 6th anniversary. That whole activity was lots of fun, and we ended up with a fantastic logo from [profile]PrinterTom[/profile]. So, let's do it again!

What we're looking for is a logo

• with clean, simple lines in black and white
  • that has elements of pens, the IAP, penmaking, etc.
  • which likely contains the number "7" or "VII" or the word "seven" or "seventh"
You MAY (as the 2009 and the 2010 logos did) incorporate one of existing IAP logos into your submission.

The Contest

Beginning precisely one microsecond after this post is made and continuing through approximately midnight US Eastern time on November 17, entries for the logo contest will be accepted as jpg images sent via email to logo7 ("at" penturners.org)

If more than 5 submissions are received, I and our trusty management team will whittle those down to the best 5, then I will post those as a poll and we'll vote on our favorite. The voting period will be Nov 15 through 29.

The names of the members submitting entries will not be revealed until after the final voting. So, DO NOT POST YOUR ENTRY ANYWHERE!!! Submit it by email as described below.

The winning entry will be tweaked as needed by our crack digital editing team, then will become the official logo of the IAP 6th Birthday Bash. It will appear on our annual run of limited edition coffee mugs, as well as be immortalized on the front page of our site for the whole of 2011.

The Prize

At a minimum, the winner will receive:

• A $100 gift certificate to the penmaking supply vendor of their choice OR a $100 gift certificate to Amazon.com
  • One of each item on which the logo is used (mugs, hats, whatever we make...)
Submitting Your Entry

DO NOT POST YOUR ENTRY!!

• You may submit one entry.
  • There is no fee for entry. Entries become the property of penturners.org
  • Submit your entry by email to: logo7 ("at" penturners.org). Please put "Logo Contest Entry" in the subject field of your email. All entries will be acknowledged by email within 24 hours of receipt.
  • Entries should be jpg images of your digitally created entry or a scan of your hand-drawn entry.
  • Only members of The IAP/penturners.org are eligible.
  • Sorry, members of the management team, you're not eligible!
Additional Clarification:

• The logo you submit will be voted upon exactly as you submit it. We won't do any cleanup or tweaking until after the winner is selected.
  • The logos need to be black and white, not gray scale or color. If you'll look at last year's logo you'll see what I mean. The reason for that is the design of the mugs, with the logo in clay relief, can only accommodate only two "colors" (clay or no clay). If you want to submit a logo in color, which we could use reasonably economically for embroidered items such as hats, that's fine. But please also make sure that when reduced to black and white that it still looks the same.
Contact me via PM if you have questions or concerns.
One typo Jeff.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Just another few days to get your entry in. 13 entries so far. Last year I believe we had over 25 to begin with. Some nice submissions so far this year, but we need YOURS too!!

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Don't make me beg! Get those entries in!

If you've sent an entry and not received an acknowledgment, I did not receive it.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I have to take a business trip tomorrow and I won't have time to process the entries. So, I'm extending the entry date to Wed, Nov 10.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for all the entries!

We have about 20 submissions. My next job is to put these together in an anonymous list for the management team to reduce to about 5.

Then I'll post those 5 for you to vote on. Look for that vote to start on Monday.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I've posted the submissions in the managers' forum. They'll each give me their top 5 picks, I'll tabulate those, and the top 5 vote getters will then be our finalists.

I'll give them a week to make their selections, and we'll start the open voting on Nov 22.

Thanks for all the great entries!

LarryDNJR

I've posted the submissions in the managers' forum. They'll each give me their top 5 picks, I'll tabulate those, and the top 5 vote getters will then be our finalists.

I'll give them a week to make their selections, and we'll start the open voting on Nov 22.

It is November 22nd!! :)

hasha2000

It is November 22nd!! :)

I was thinking the same thing...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom