MARCH MEETING - 3/22/14

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Our March Meeting is on Saturday, March 22, from 9:30 am - 12:00pm at Norfolk Woodcraft store.

Fred will be demonstrating various clear casting examples, including the metal foil pens we did in January, then Tina will have a mini-workshop on how to make a polymer clay cane and pen.

We will provide various tools and clay samples to help whoever wants to learn can make a basic cane during the workshop. Members are asked to bring with them the pen tubes they want to finish (and required bushings) needed to make a pen during the clay workshop.

edicehouse

My wife's grandmother is in bad shape. The family is just waiting for her go, so I am not sure if I will be able to make it this weekend.

Can he demo the watch part pen or discuss it?

Hey Jeff, I'm sorry that you missed it, but Brian Nikitas already shared how to bend things like watch blanks in his bottlecap demonstration last fall.

The clear casting demo tomorrow is going to focus on what happens after you created your blank - bottlecap, label, metal foil, snakeskin, painted blank etc. - how to seal / finish it with a clear cast of Alumilite and how some materials need different preparations than the others.

Fred will also talk about (but not use) PR and the differences between the two. It has too strong an order for the Woodcraft store / classroom...

Tina Wissen

Top Bottom