Hope to See you at MAPG (Virginia)!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Mid-Atlantic Penturners Gathering (MAPG) 2016 IS ALMOST HERE!!!! This will be our 4th year and we expect to have a new series of interesting demonstrations, some old and new vendors, a couple of contests, and through the generosity of a great group of vendors and fellow pen makers, thousands of dollars in door prizes. Can't wait to see everyone again soon...safe travels!

For more information about the events and vendors, please visit our website:

MAPG 2016

May 20: 7pm - 9pm
IAP Collection
Introduction to Threadwrapping

May 21: 10am - 5pm
Fun with Colored Pencils and Finishes
"Pens - The Decal Method"
The Art and Science of Stabilizing
Everything you wanted to know about tool steel
Casting Worthless Wood

For directions to Woodcraft of Richmond, please visit their website but the address is:

9862 West Broad Street
Glen Allen, VA 23060

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jdmacdo

Not this year

Well, the trip from Iowa last year was so much fun, we planned to do it again this year. Unfortunately, all three cars in the last 6 weeks needed some kind of major repair (and major costs), so we will not be able to make the venture this year.

I get the feeling that the demos this year will be even better than last year, so we are really not happy about missing it, but reality says it will have to go on without us...

Have a good time and hopefully next year, we can make the return.

campzeke

Headed that way from Tampa, FL Thursday morning. Looking forward to meeting everyone and a GREAT weekend! Sorry you can't make it Papaturner. I was looking forward to seeing you again.

I can appreciate that. I sprained my left knee last month and may need to keep the crutches close at hand, but that's life for ya'...gotta see how the contest wraps up. Now that Perry Bridges is not able to make it, and Cody Walker is running the contests this year, I think some new blood will have to tackle Charlie Wortman's winning streak.:biggrin:

Charlie_W

I can appreciate that. I sprained my left knee last month and may need to keep the crutches close at hand, but that's life for ya'...gotta see how the contest wraps up. Now that Perry Bridges is not able to make it, and Cody Walker is running the contests this year, I think some new blood will have to tackle Charlie Wortman's winning streak.:biggrin:

Tina, I hope your knee feels better soon.

As for the pen contests, Wifey and I had a concept for a pen but I just didn't get around to it...maybe next year....
She said it just doesn't seem right to come to MAPG without a pen entry so Sunday, I started a pen. We will see if it comes together in time.

I doubt it will be a winner but I will say it will be unique!:biggrin:

I had better get back to it!

Daniel Maloney is coming back this year, so you have some competition that I know of, hopefully Cody has found other new contestants to compete against you this year...LOL.

Charlie_W

Daniel Maloney is coming back this year, so you have some competition that I know of, hopefully Cody has found other new contestants to compete against you this year...LOL.

It will be good to see Dan again!.....sorry that Perry can't make it though.

Last year, we had a bunch of excellent pen entries! They were all deserving of winning in my book!
Maybe mine was just so wierd that the judges liked it......go figure!

See you at MAPG!

Top Bottom