What would you like to do but,?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Don't have the equipment to do it with? Need ideas here. Also, let us know what you would like to do at our next meeting. If you would like to do a demo of some sort, let us know. If you would like to see one done, let us know.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
You dont have to shout.:rolleyes:
I suggested building a nuclear reactor but nooooo:mad:, that wasnt what you wanted to hear. Heres a second suggestion lets build a cold fusion reactor, that would be fun(and a first)! Or how about a 28 twist mobius strip, that would be a challange. You probably are thinking something light and fluffly like doing a ca finish or proper use of a pen press. :biggrin:

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
And you dont have to turn the tractor on its side, just jack up one wheel and mount it on the rim.:biggrin:

My Father IN Law has a tractor with a Perkins 240 hp 6 cylinder motor in it we could borrow. I understand it can do close to 70mph if you can keep it on the road.

Last edited:

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Mike: You can't reason with a car guy from Florida!! Why, he looked at a pen I posted today on SOYP, and called it "CHROME" Typical "CARGUY" CHROOOOOME!!!! UGA UGA!!:tongue::tongue::tongue: It's obvious, it's Rhodium and Black Ti. And then made a comment about a fingerprint on the "chrome". Anyone who understands digital imaging should know that fingerprints happen during the time the processor is sending the information seen by the photoreceptors in the sensor to the storage medium. GGeeeeeeSH !!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: We love ya Chuck!!:):):biggrin:

on
And you dont have to turn the tractor on its side, just jack up one wheel and mount it on the rim.:biggrin:

My Father IN Law has a tractor with a Perkins 240 hp 6 cylinder motor in it we could borrow. I understand it can do close to 70mph if you can keep it on the road.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
You dont have to shout.:rolleyes:
I suggested building a nuclear reactor but nooooo:mad:, that wasnt what you wanted to hear. Heres a second suggestion lets build a cold fusion reactor, that would be fun(and a first)! Or how about a 28 twist mobius strip, that would be a challange. You probably are thinking something light and fluffly like doing a ca finish or proper use of a pen press. :biggrin:
At this point, I guess it doesn't matter WHAT happens. You bring the stuff and, I'll hand you the tools. :wink:

Great idea! But, I don't think we'll need the tractor. That's just Mike spouting off again. I would like to see the tractor though. Sounds awesome. :biggrin:

Mike: You can't reason with a car guy from Florida!! Why, he looked at a pen I posted today on SOYP, and called it "CHROME" Typical "CARGUY" CHROOOOOME!!!! UGA UGA!!:tongue::tongue::tongue: It's obvious, it's Rhodium and Black Ti. And then made a comment about a fingerprint on the "chrome". Anyone who understands digital imaging should know that fingerprints happen during the time the processor is sending the information seen by the photoreceptors in the sensor to the storage medium. GGeeeeeeSH !!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: We love ya Chuck!!:):):biggrin:
Eh, Chrome, Rhodium, Black Ti, Gold, Cadmium......was that a fingerprint? Or not? Plain and, simple....wipe it off BEFORE you push the button.:tongue: Didn't you learn ANYTHING from your daughter? :biggrin::biggrin: It's great to be loved. I stand corrected sir! :wink::biggrin:
on

Drstrangefart

I'd like to cast my own blanks, but don't have money/equipment for it right now.
Thanks for the input Allan. Have you checked out the tutorials in the library? There are a couple there for those of us on a low budget.

Not yet, I plan on it soon as I'm ready to commit. I have some ultra basic stuff available at Hobby Lobby. I'm not one to have a credit card, so online ordering is nixed for the time being.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I'd like to cast my own blanks, but don't have money/equipment for it right now.
Thanks for the input Allan. Have you checked out the tutorials in the library? There are a couple there for those of us on a low budget.

Not yet, I plan on it soon as I'm ready to commit. I have some ultra basic stuff available at Hobby Lobby. I'm not one to have a credit card, so online ordering is nixed for the time being.
Understood. BTW, it took me almost 4 years to take the plunge.:redface:

Drstrangefart

Understood. BTW, it took me almost 4 years to take the plunge.:redface:

I hope to start reasonably soon. It looks like Hobby Lobby has a small kit to cast Alumilite for about 30 bucks. If I get it and test it out I'll probably be posting a review.

Flaturner

I could sure use a demo on spending money I don't have for equipment I don't have so I can set up a shop I don't have in a large garage I don't have. lol Actually, any demo will help me since I am just getting started.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I could sure use a demo on spending money I don't have for equipment I don't have so I can set up a shop I don't have in a large garage I don't have. lol Actually, any demo will help me since I am just getting started.
You REALLY do need alot! :biggrin: Thanks for responding. We'll come up with something.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
How about helping roddesigner understand and set up his latest toy, Chuck did I say my wife isn't speaking to you LOL
I'm sure we can manage that John. And, that's OK if your wife is blaming ME. I'll take it for you. After all.....what are friends for?:biggrin:

Mapster

Sounds to me like roddesigner caught the metal lathe bug! Now what am I to do? I am just about the only one in the chapter without a metal lathe! (exaggerated) Mike, I do love your ideas on the reactor and the cold fusion, I am pretty interested in that kind of thing. As far as the 28 twist mobius strip, sounds like too much work, lets keep it simple with cold fusion or building a backyard particle accelerator.

In all seriousness... Demos are kind of tough and often happen spontaneously, so if we could have some glue, some blanks, some metal, and other supplies on hand, we should be set. While we are talking about a certain pen, someone might say, "hey, how did you do that?" And that is where the demo comes in to play!

Top Bottom