Good time at 1st meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
It was great to meet everybody here today. I saw some really nice pens and other items you guys made. Puts mine to shame. Thanks to Rich for helping with this get together. And, I'm looking forward to the next one. Hopefully, we have pursuaded a few to become full time IAP members.

Thanks, to everybody for coming to the meeting! :biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I had a good time. It was nice to put faces and names together and talk shop. There was a nice assortment of pens to view and compare the different styles from one turner to the next. Thank you to Rich and the Woodcraft store for hosting it. It looks like we have a nice talant pool to learn from. I didnt think of it until later this evening but once we get settled in we may want to do a kick off pen swap within our group. Did someone get Pictures?
Mike

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Congratulations Chuck on your first meeting. Looks like your on your way!
Thanks Ron, the members down here are a great bunch, just like the ones I left in Indy. I'm glad Mike & Linda, Ernie & John were all able to get to this one. Forge forward friend!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I had a good time. It was nice to put faces and names together and talk shop. There was a nice assortment of pens to view and compare the different styles from one turner to the next. Thank you to Rich and the Woodcraft store for hosting it. It looks like we have a nice talant pool to learn from. I didnt think of it until later this evening but once we get settled in we may want to do a kick off pen swap within our group. Did someone get Pictures?
Mike
Same here Mike! And, I had considered the penswap idea and, I think we should work on that. Good to meet you.

cnirenberg

It certainly was good to meet all that attended, and see some familiar faces again. Chuck I'm glad that your El Camino got you back home in one piece. There was a lot of talent in that room. Thanks again to Rich for hosting, plus who can resist donuts..mmmmmm donuts

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Was good to see you again Cris along with your daughter. Not much time for talk. I enjoyed going to Mikes house, where he cut some aluminum blanks and, let me drill some on that metal lathe. Thanks Mike! Those lathes are cool. There were LOTS of great pens at the meeting that, blew me away. I especially liked the Eagle inspired pens brought by Bernie. Thanks Bernie!

Looking forward to the next meeting.

bluwolf

Like Mike said, it was good to put some faces to the names. Cris, sorry you couldn't come over with us. Dale, I still think we need to make you some better blanks. Marshall's came out well and I'll be interested to see what he does with it. Looking forward to the next one.

Mike

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Like Mike said, it was good to put some faces to the names. Cris, sorry you couldn't come over with us. Dale, I still think we need to make you some better blanks. Marshall's came out well and I'll be interested to see what he does with it. Looking forward to the next one.

Mike
Mike,I figured out what happened to my blanks on the way home. Remember when we measured that cigar pen? We measured the centerband instead of the tube:eek: Talk about feeling dumb? I can't believe we BOTH did that:redface: AND, Marshall let us!!:biggrin: But, it was great just to be running that lathe. Thanks again!

bluwolf

Dale,

I'm embarrased to admit you are correct. But we'll just blame it on Marshall since he let us. If Cris was there it wouldn't have happen. So we'll blame him too:)

cnirenberg

Dale,

I'm embarrased to admit you are correct. But we'll just blame it on Marshall since he let us. If Cris was there it wouldn't have happen. So we'll blame him too:)

Gee wiz, thanks a lot. I'll take it though, I tend to turn those cigar blanks reversed anyways. They drive me crazy. Mike, I checked my garage, I got a bunch of brass left over, more than enough. I'll give you a call.

Super Dave

I also had a great time. It was nice to meet some of our local members. I look forward to our next meeting, there is sooooo much talent here. Thanks to every one who came, and to Scott for letting us us the classroom for our meeting.

Dave

kruzzer

I guess a great time was had by all... One of my highlites was to actually see one of Eagles creations. Bernie was kind enough to bring it with him. My head is still spinning trying to undersand exactly how it went together...

It's now very apparent that SWF has it's share of turning talent and skill. Of course this does come at some cost...... Mike and Cris have now got me interested in buying a metal lathe.

I will get a copy of the contact list sent out in the next couple of days......

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Dale, it would be cheaper to buy Mike an adult beverage or two and use his setup. After the work you could always help to consume said adult beverages.

Cindylee

You guys are great.

Can't wait to get to know you all better and share tips and tricks. I am dying to learn how to make my own pens from scratch and not use kits at all. There were some stunning pieces in that room and I already have ideas spinning around in my empty little skull. Mike those metal pens were the BOMB! I am very intrigued.

Actually both Mikes for that matter. I wish I had a jewlers background so I could make awesome clips and such. But I am a quick study and I ask loads of questions. So I will have to make homemade cookies or brownies or something for the next meeting to bribe you all with. Muwhahahahahaha!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Dale I will if I can get away. Cookies................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I may have to add to my signature line......"Life in The Fat lane"

Cindy, you can always pm me or email me with any questions you dont have to wait for the meetings

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
You guys are great.

Can't wait to get to know you all better and share tips and tricks. I am dying to learn how to make my own pens from scratch and not use kits at all. There were some stunning pieces in that room and I already have ideas spinning around in my empty little skull. Mike those metal pens were the BOMB! I am very intrigued.

Actually both Mikes for that matter. I wish I had a jewlers background so I could make awesome clips and such. But I am a quick study and I ask loads of questions. So I will have to make homemade cookies or brownies or something for the next meeting to bribe you all with. Muwhahahahahaha!
Cindy, it appears we share the same goals as far as going kitless. It's far passed time for me to get into it. Need some taps and dies. I like cookies too. Oatmeal,Choclate Chip,Peanut Butter,Mexican Wedding Cakes,Bourbon Ball......:wink: See you next meeting :biggrin:

bluwolf

Dale, it would be cheaper to buy Mike an adult beverage or two and use his setup. After the work you could always help to consume said adult beverages.

Mike,

I told Dale he's welcome anytime, and so are you. It just depends how bad Dale wants to make the drive.

Mike

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader

Mike,

I told Dale he's welcome anytime, and so are you. It just depends how bad Dale wants to make the drive.

Mike
When I get back from Indy. 1st or 2nd week next month?

Mapster

Hey! I just found this thread, talk about a scapegoat! By the way, I will not join the dark side or the adult beverage buying, but I will definitely try some work with Mike's supervision. Thanks again Mike for all you did for me, I have the kit being shipped as we speak, so I will be able to come by next week to show you. Thanks to everyone else also for giving me the chance to meet you. It was a good time with lots of ideas floating around. Can't wait for the next one!

Top Bottom