BIG is not always best

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I came to Southwest Florida three years ago, and got this chapter engaged along with a group of other IAP members. What started out to be an assembly of about 16 chapter members, dwindled to five. Mike Redburn, Mike Roux, Marshall Petrik, Cris Nirenberg and myself. There were a few others in the beginning months, but things sometimes get in the way.

I spent the better part of today with Mike, Mike, and Marshall as what will probably be my last meeting with the SW Florida chapter of the IAP, as I am moving back to Indianapolis. NOT because I don't like Florida, or the friends I have here.

Didn't get to talk much, as I spent my time making my first bowl. That was fun. But, would have liked to have time to talk to Marshall more, who is heading back to college tomorrow. There is just never enough time in a day. But I got the bowl made, thanks to Mike Roux, who guided me all the way. Thanks Mike!

I feel I owe a great deal of gratitude to Mike Redburn, and Mike Roux for their guidence, assistance and support since I moved here three years ago. I've learned so much about MAKING pens, as well as other things from these two friends. I could never repay them for what it is worth to me. I have been very fortunate to have been tutored by them, in what has been my most sought after experience since joining the IAP.

Thank you! To all my friends here in in Southwest Florida.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bluwolf

The feeling is mutual Chuck. I, for one, am really going to miss having you with us. I'm sure the other guys feel the same. I know Trooper is going to miss you too. Who else always saves a bite of their sandwich for him?:biggrin:

I also have to say, I've never seen anyone get the hang of a bowl gouge so quick. I hope you keep making a bowl or two now and again.

A quick pic of Chuck in the groove.

Attachments

• chuckbowl (1).jpg
    chuckbowl (1).jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 321

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Quote "I feel I owe a great deal of gratitude to Mike Redburn, and Mike Roux for their guidence, assistance and support since I moved here three years ago. I've learned so much about MAKING pens, as well as other things from these two friends. I could never repay them for what it is worth to me. I have been very fortunate to have been tutored by them, in what has been my most sought after experience since joining the IAP. "

Dont you mean "Tortured"?

Its been great Chuck you have a lot of talent for making pens.......
Oh, and supervising.......................:biggrin::biggrin: Yeah we will miss you but we will still harass you from across the web.You cant escape that that easily.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
The feeling is mutual Chuck. I, for one, am really going to miss having you with us. I'm sure the other guys feel the same. I know Trooper is going to miss you too. Who else always saves a bite of their sandwich for him?:biggrin:

I also have to say, I've never seen anyone get the hang of a bowl gouge so quick. I hope you keep making a bowl or two now and again.

A quick pic of Chuck in the groove.
Thanks Mike, I'm pretty sure I'll be calling you when I make another bowl. Too bad Cris couldn't stop by.

Geez Mike, isn't' a little vain to Photoshop your avatar into the background of the picture?:tongue:
Easy Derek! :biggrin:

I know if I lived in Florida, I would miss you too. Best of luck with the move.
Thank you Bruce! Let me know if you're ever in Indy

Quote "I feel I owe a great deal of gratitude to Mike Redburn, and Mike Roux for their guidence, assistance and support since I moved here three years ago. I've learned so much about MAKING pens, as well as other things from these two friends. I could never repay them for what it is worth to me. I have been very fortunate to have been tutored by them, in what has been my most sought after experience since joining the IAP. "

Dont you mean "Tortured"?

Its been great Chuck you have a lot of talent for making pens.......
Oh, and supervising.......................:biggrin::biggrin: Yeah we will miss you but we will still harass you from across the web.You cant escape that that easily.
Gotta love your sense of humor Mike :biggrin: No torture at all. Nice try though, and I don't expect it to stop.

Top Bottom