BIG is not always best - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Welcome to penturners.org! > Local Chapters > SW Florida
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2013, 11:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 219

Default BIG is not always best

I came to Southwest Florida three years ago, and got this chapter engaged along with a group of other IAP members. What started out to be an assembly of about 16 chapter members, dwindled to five. Mike Redburn, Mike Roux, Marshall Petrik, Cris Nirenberg and myself. There were a few others in the beginning months, but things sometimes get in the way.

I spent the better part of today with Mike, Mike, and Marshall as what will probably be my last meeting with the SW Florida chapter of the IAP, as I am moving back to Indianapolis. NOT because I don't like Florida, or the friends I have here.

Didn't get to talk much, as I spent my time making my first bowl. That was fun. But, would have liked to have time to talk to Marshall more, who is heading back to college tomorrow. There is just never enough time in a day. But I got the bowl made, thanks to Mike Roux, who guided me all the way. Thanks Mike!

I feel I owe a great deal of gratitude to Mike Redburn, and Mike Roux for their guidence, assistance and support since I moved here three years ago. I've learned so much about MAKING pens, as well as other things from these two friends. I could never repay them for what it is worth to me. I have been very fortunate to have been tutored by them, in what has been my most sought after experience since joining the IAP.

Thank you! To all my friends here in in Southwest Florida.
Dalecamino is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-18-2013, 08:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 2

The feeling is mutual Chuck. I, for one, am really going to miss having you with us. I'm sure the other guys feel the same. I know Trooper is going to miss you too. Who else always saves a bite of their sandwich for him?

I also have to say, I've never seen anyone get the hang of a bowl gouge so quick. I hope you keep making a bowl or two now and again.

A quick pic of Chuck in the groove.
Attached Thumbnails
chuckbowl-1-.jpg  
bluwolf is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-18-2013, 11:30 AM   #3 (permalink)

Photos: 52

Geez Mike, isn't' a little vain to Photoshop your avatar into the background of the picture?

Penturning - Its basically taxidermy for trees.
D.Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 08-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Photos: 49

I know if I lived in Florida, I would miss you too. Best of luck with the move.

BRobbins629 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
IAP Activities Manager

Photos: 83

Quote "I feel I owe a great deal of gratitude to Mike Redburn, and Mike Roux for their guidence, assistance and support since I moved here three years ago. I've learned so much about MAKING pens, as well as other things from these two friends. I could never repay them for what it is worth to me. I have been very fortunate to have been tutored by them, in what has been my most sought after experience since joining the IAP. "

Dont you mean "Tortured"?

Its been great Chuck you have a lot of talent for making pens.......
Oh, and supervising.......................:biggri n: Yeah we will miss you but we will still harass you from across the web.You cant escape that that easily.
http://www.silverpenparts.com
mredburn is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 08-18-2013, 09:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

Photos: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluwolf View Post
The feeling is mutual Chuck. I, for one, am really going to miss having you with us. I'm sure the other guys feel the same. I know Trooper is going to miss you too. Who else always saves a bite of their sandwich for him?

I also have to say, I've never seen anyone get the hang of a bowl gouge so quick. I hope you keep making a bowl or two now and again.

A quick pic of Chuck in the groove.
Thanks Mike, I'm pretty sure I'll be calling you when I make another bowl. Too bad Cris couldn't stop by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Oliver View Post
Geez Mike, isn't' a little vain to Photoshop your avatar into the background of the picture?
Easy Derek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRobbins629 View Post
I know if I lived in Florida, I would miss you too. Best of luck with the move.
Thank you Bruce! Let me know if you're ever in Indy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredburn View Post
Quote "I feel I owe a great deal of gratitude to Mike Redburn, and Mike Roux for their guidence, assistance and support since I moved here three years ago. I've learned so much about MAKING pens, as well as other things from these two friends. I could never repay them for what it is worth to me. I have been very fortunate to have been tutored by them, in what has been my most sought after experience since joining the IAP. "

Dont you mean "Tortured"?

Its been great Chuck you have a lot of talent for making pens.......
Oh, and supervising.......................:biggri n: Yeah we will miss you but we will still harass you from across the web.You cant escape that that easily.
Gotta love your sense of humor Mike No torture at all. Nice try though, and I don't expect it to stop.
Dalecamino is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads