11/12 Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bluwolf

I wanted to thank the guys who came to the meeting/machining party yesterday. I thought we had perfect weather for it. Everyone got to see Mike Redburn's killer contest pen in person. Marshall made a titanium click pen (I still can't believe he did a titanium pen in my shop before me:biggrin:) And we machined the brackets and got Chuck's tailstock DRO installed. It was great that Cris stopped by too.

I'm sure Marshall and Chuck are going to post their creations in separate threads. All in all, I thought it was a good day. They say no pix, it didn't happen, so here's the pix.

Attachments

• theboys.jpg
    theboys.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 260
  • chuckand marshall.jpg
    chuckand marshall.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 260
  • marshall.jpg
    marshall.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 254
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Mike. It was a great day. Always good to see you guys. Marshalls pen is awesome. I'll be glad to see it posted in SOYP. It was a pretty long day full of fun. Mike Redburns pens were a pleasure to view. They're just amazing works of art. The brackets we made for the DRO look like they were manufactured as part of the device. I'm anxious to try it out.:biggrin: I can't thank you enough.

It was great to see Cris and his growing daughter too. Thanks for having us there!

cnirenberg

It was fun, I'm glad I was able to show up, even just to watch. Next time. Mike I will forward you the article for the dial indicator DRO for the cross slide and possibly begin to gather the materials for it. Emily had a blast too.

bluwolf

Cris, we were all glad you could make it. I'll be looking for the article. Did you see Chuck's thread on his tailstock DRO. It turned out great. We need to do that to yours too:)

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
It didnt start out as a meeting John. It started out as a Marshal wants to make a pen out of titanium day. OF course that meant that he had to use Mike Roux's lathe. I had the colbalt drill bits so I drove up.

Top Bottom