Zodiac Faux Cigar ballpoint.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Janster

Janster

....this is my first attempt at a realistic faux Cigar pen. I experimented with quite few different types of material for the background and this is the closest to looking like natural tobacco leaves as I could obtain. To me it appears that one can actually see the veins in the leaves, and I like that aspect. It was cast sans pressure in Silmar. I used some Cigar rings I purchased from ?? ( cannot remember) CRS kicked in, a IAP member. The Zodiac kit is much nicer, to me at least, than the Mesa and the tranny is easily changed or replaced IF need be. I'll use it again I am quite sure. C~N~C are welcome. Thanks and be well....Jan

Attachments

• DSC_0102.jpg
    DSC_0102.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 293
  • DSC_0103.jpg
    DSC_0103.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 258
  • DSC_0104.jpg
    DSC_0104.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 273
  • DSC_0105.jpg
    DSC_0105.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 195
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

Jan; Normally I would be quick to jump all over the lighting reflections on your pen, but in this case I think it adds a lot of interest to the photo itself. It does, however, take away some of the fine detail of a very well made pen. Jim S

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
OK, I'll bite!

The "reflections" are distracting to the overall pics IMO! From the pictures, the pen is EXCELLENT!

I would love to see it with a bit less reflection. I suspect the finish is great and the cigar band is very clear.

Nice job on the cigar! Please continue this line - it's very nice. (If I could only get you guys to do some in Kentucky Bourbon labels...:rolleyes:).

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I'm still looking at the pics...

It is hard to tell, but have you considered parchment? The pics are hard to tell what they actually look like (the labels are fine; the background is blurry). I have a second-hand store that sells "hand-made" parchment... (It is very nice), I suspect some of it may look like tobacco leaves???

Jan, if you have any interest PM me and I can stop by them and see what they have - but you may have investigated this already!

Mark

Janster

It is hard to tell, but have you considered parchment? The pics are hard to tell what they actually look like (the labels are fine; the background is blurry). I have a second-hand store that sells "hand-made" parchment... (It is very nice), I suspect some of it may look like tobacco leaves???

Jan, if you have any interest PM me and I can stop by them and see what they have - but you may have investigated this already!

Mark

I have already tried Parchment paper, thanks for the thought just the same! I have gone through a ream of papers and this so far is the best!. .....Jan

plantman

Mark

Mark; I have heard of that "hand made parchment :island: " before, but have only seen it in the rolled form and not in sheets, but it does come in the tobacco color. :biggrin: Jim S

Last edited:

Janster

Mark

Hope this CLEARS things up for you Mark.....Jan

Attachments

• DSC02514.jpg
    DSC02514.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 218
  • DSC02515.jpg
    DSC02515.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 146

ELA

Beautiful pen. Why not use the wrapper leaf from a real cigar? Would natural leaf not cast well? Whatever paper you used is very realistic.

ELA

Ahhh, I just found the thread on how you cast the blank. :redface:

I have a note that tells me to always look elsewhere too, but I lost the note that told me to read that note.:biggrin:

turncrazy43

Jan, I really like that cigar leaf look. See a potential money maker there for you. Great job.

Top Bottom