Zen Lanyard 2 with Silver Chain

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MartinPens

MartinPens

My mom was out for a visit and saw the first lanyard Zen I had made and wanted one. What momma wants, momma gets! :biggrin:

I got the silver chain and parts from Michael's - not too pricey. It turned out well - but will likely only do these occassionally. The small braided rope is much easier and I have parts arriving for the breakaway - which I will show when I get it done.

Comments always welcome. Enjoy

Martin

Attachments

• BGLanyard2-9243.jpg
    BGLanyard2-9243.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 175
  • BGLanyard2-9244.jpg
    BGLanyard2-9244.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 141
  • BGLanyard2-9245.jpg
    BGLanyard2-9245.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 157
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Martin, Beautiful job with great combination of blank, kit and silver chain. Is that blank one of your creations? Your photos are awesome and I see you are really enjoying using your Alzo Digital Stand. Thank so much for showing. Regards, Doc:)

MartinPens

wizard said:
Martin, Beautiful job with great combination of blank, kit and silver chain. Is that blank one of your creations? Your photos are awesome and I see you are really enjoying using your Alzo Digital Stand. Thank so much for showing. Regards, Doc:)

Thanks everyone. Yes that is a blank from my first PR cast. My wife grabbed the first one. My mom grabbed the second one on her visit. My daughter is eyeing the third one.... I'd better get back to casting!

I like the Alzo Digital Stand... but it has some cons that I'm not liking. I did find an Endust Static Free wipe that works well to help control dust, but it's still a challenge. When I'm photographing a single pen, it works best. Anything larger than that I begin having problems with the reflective properties of the stand and It's increasing my post-processing time which I've almost eliminated prior to getting the stand. I like the crisp black as the paper backdrops tend to get messed up over time. I also really have to adjust exposure to work with the dark black and the increased light on the pen with the reflective properties of the stand. I may go back to a white backdrop and just pull it out occasionally.

More than you wanted to know, probably, but you get me talking about photography and I blab for a long time! : )

Thanks again for the comments.

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

terryf

Lovely concept and fantastic execution. If I may ask, what did you attach to the top of the cap to thread the chain through and how did you attach it inside the cap?

MartinPens

terryf said:
Lovely concept and fantastic execution. If I may ask, what did you attach to the top of the cap to thread the chain through and how did you attach it inside the cap?

I disassembled the cap - which is a real pain to do - and mounted the top part in a self centering mini chuck and drilled a small hole. I just found a clasp piece that I could drop inside the top part of the cap with the loop sticking out to receive the chain. I did secure the connection with some metal jewelry "thread". It is a work in progress. I'll let my Mom wear it and tell me what issues, if any, come up. Thanks for the kind comments.

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Top Bottom