Zen with a Brooks special...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from omb76

omb76

Made this today from another blank that I got from Brooks. I still can't get over how awesome these blanks are! They are the most unassuming blanks you'll see, but there is magic inside! Paired this one up with a chrome Zen, sanded to 12000, plastic polish, and viola! :biggrin: Comments welcome and thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_2118.jpg
    IMG_2118.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_2119.jpg
    IMG_2119.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_2121.jpg
    IMG_2121.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_2124.jpg
    IMG_2124.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 248
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

Where's everyone getting these blanks? Jonathon...do you have a site that you sell these at??? I know exotics will be a place to pick them up in the near future...but now? Awesome looking pen!

wizard

Gorgeous pen! Jonathan's blanks have such depth, dimension and movement to them and you did a wonderful job of turning it into a work of art. Thanks for showing. Regards, Doc

Brooks803

Where's everyone getting these blanks? Jonathon...do you have a site that you sell these at??? I know exotics will be a place to pick them up in the near future...but now? Awesome looking pen!

lol...Tim, I met David at the last Georgia chapter meeting and I took a bin of blanks with me. I don't have a site or anything like that. That's why it was such an easy option to partner up with exotics. I'll still be available for custom colored orders too, I just needed to put that side on hold for a short time so I can get some large batches made up.

I think when I go to make more of these I'll call them "root beer _____". Fakelite doesn't ring a very classy bell, gotta think of something.

alinc100

lol...Tim, I met David at the last Georgia chapter meeting and I took a bin of blanks with me. I don't have a site or anything like that. That's why it was such an easy option to partner up with exotics. I'll still be available for custom colored orders too, I just needed to put that side on hold for a short time so I can get some large batches made up.

I think when I go to make more of these I'll call them "root beer _____". Fakelite doesn't ring a very classy bell, gotta think of something.

Root Beer FLOAT was the first thought that entered my mind.Might have something to do with the weather and the possibility of Spring arriving soon.As a child I was convinced that the A in A&W stood for Andy...sadly as an adult I learn it stood for Ashland & Wooster two towns in Ohio:frown:

Attachments

• root-beer-float.jpg
    root-beer-float.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 123
  • root_beer_float2.jpg
    root_beer_float2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 108

omb76

That's why it was such an easy option to partner up with exotics. I'll still be available for custom colored orders too said:
I was just thinking that you and Exotics would be a great pairing! I only have a couple of your blanks left and am looking forward to being able to place another order. Good luck with your partnership!

Top Bottom