A Zen for a break

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Leviblue

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
I haven't been able to spend much time in the shop lately, but today I was able to get out and take a break from the hurricane effects we are having here.
I had a Zen kit sitting around for a while and was thinking about what type of wood to put with it. I found some ambrosia maple in a section of the shop. The finish is 8 coats of CA/BLO with a buffing with Novus 2.

Thanks for looking. Comments and review from the group is welcomed.

I'm still working on the whole photo taking process.

Attachments

• IMG_2535.jpg
    IMG_2535.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_2541.jpg
    IMG_2541.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

Very nice. I have not turned one of these yet, but when I see work like yours, I know why. Cannot compete.

ossaguy

You did a beautiful job! That wood looks really nice.

I have wanted to make one but they have the warning that the magnet might wreck sensitive things,like I'm guessing a charge card strip? I was wondering how sensitive it is,like if it's in a womens purse next to a wll,would that wreck the card,or is it damaging to something else?

Any insight into this??

Thanks,
Steve

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
All,
Thanks for looking and providing feedback. This was the first one I've made and wasn't sure about drilling the longer blank.

The magnet doesn't feel that strong to me, IMHO. So I don't know how it would react to a magnetic strip in a purse. I did see the warning label, but figured it could be any worse than if a womens purse was placed on the anti-theft deactivation pad in the department store. The LOML hasn't had a problem using the credit cards. :eek:

Top Bottom