Zen beauty

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

I haven't made many pens lately but had a request for a couple zens. I decided to use a couple blanks from my personal stash. The first is one of Pr Princess' Merlin's Magic on a black ti zen. The second is a Brook's Mystic Electric Blue on a Chrome Zen and the last is a Brook's Vintage Purple on a Chrome Zen.

All were reversed painted. The first I used grey, the second I used black and the last one I used deep purple. I know my photos need work and I missed a couple finger prints. I'll try better next time. All comments welcome. Thanks.

Attachments

• Merlins Magic 2.jpg
    Merlins Magic 2.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 495
  • Electric blue 2.jpg
    Electric blue 2.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 281
  • Purple zen 2.jpg
    Purple zen 2.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 320
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenPal

John,

Three fascinating works of differing art using the same kit, very strong emphsis on colour.

Pen1 in time for your season here we have blossoms cascading there no doubt leaves floating Autumn shades with a cheerful grey with impending winter, impressive.

Pen2 Blues deep and meaningful, brooding, must be seen.

Pen3 Beaut blending of purple folded, not mixed shaken not stirred to full separation.

I am above all a timber addict. Love seeing your pens vive la differance admire your choices of blanks, I am well aware we cannot claim juridiction over timber since mother nature creates the grain/patterns we merely are the priviliged for all pens.

Thankyou for showing me your work and they display so well.

Kind regards Peter.

JohnU

Thanks everyone. I wasn't real sold on the zen kits when I first saw them but they sure work well with these blanks, showing off what they have in color and character. I only wish I could pour a blank that nice.

Great looking pens John, the 1st. one Princess Merlin's magic are these for sale or did you make it ? I'd like to get some of those blanks .

Thanks Alton. I got all of the blanks at exoticblanks.com. IAP's " Pr Princess " ,Dawn, makes the Merlin's Magic. Its one of my favorites she makes. They look even better in person. Thanks again.

76winger

Very nice looking group of pens.

I really like the look of the purple swirls in pen#3 in particular, however fit and finish in all of them appear top notch!

Top Bottom