tips and suggestions welcome!

Attachments

• PB290028 (1024x768).jpg
    PB290028 (1024x768).jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 254
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NotURMailman

Nice pen!

Coincidentally I just did a Zebra Wood click pen the other night (for myself) and everyone at work went nuts over it. Was kind of annoying, more comments on that than the Koa Cigar Hybrid, the Diamondback skin Sierra Vista, or the Bog Oak Celtic Elegance.

Just shows you, you never know what people are going to like.

Anyway, I really like the shape of the barrels on yours!

Last edited:
Zebrawood is interesting to me. It's plain, but not at the same time. I also find it tricky to fill all the pits that it has.

That's a nice looking pen though.

Lenny

Nice one Andrew!
That style is my biggest seller.
What where you looking for in the way of tips or suggestions?
It looks like you have the fit perfect ... Sized to the narrowest part of the bead on the center-band ... .419 usually for me I think.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Nice one Andrew!
That style is my biggest seller.
What where you looking for in the way of tips or suggestions?
It looks like you have the fit perfect ... Sized to the narrowest part of the bead on the center-band ... .419 usually for me I think.

Always looking for tips and comments on all aspects - anything that looks wrong, or not quite right, suggestions for next time, etc...

I learn through my errors, and I've made a lot of them over the years!

Lenny

Always looking for tips and comments on all aspects - anything that looks wrong, or not quite right, suggestions for next time, etc...

I learn through my errors, and I've made a lot of them over the years!

One tip I can offer fwiw is
Because of the natural taper towards the nib end I have found that when trying to get the fit perfect here (always a challenge to sand undersized and build back up past size with ca the proper amount that once micro meshed smooth it will be PERFECT) I like to err on the undersized. Very easy to then shorten it by sanding with a tool like the one rherrell sells, until the fit is right on! When I think I have it right I'll press the tip on to check ... Nothing like your actual digits for checking this fit! IF it isn't perfect, knock it out BEFORE pressing in the transmission and work it some more.

1080Wayne

I also use the basic process Lenny describes, although you will probably discover a bit of out of roundness on occasion . I think I see one tool mark about 1/4 inch below the center band . Have never seen zebrawood with the stripes that far apart . I prefer the appearance of it cut on the diagonal , but it is more of a challenge to turn that way .

Top Bottom