Zebra Wood & Wenge

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from vick

Status
Not open for further replies.

vick

Here is a modified slimline I made out of Zebrawood and Wenge. The pen turned out really nice, but the picture is just okay. I have to admit I had some lighter ones that showed the pen a little better but tricks of the light and shadows make it look like the parts were not turned flush. I am a little to vain to have my pen look like that.

As always comments and critiques are welcome.

200582814730_ZebraWengeSlim1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dubdrvrkev

Thats horrible Mike, just drop it off at my house and I'll dispose of it for you.[}:)][;)]
Really, the scale and shape work very well for me. Great work, very classy. I have a couple blanks of wenge that you are welcome to. I made one set from it and I'll never use it again, unless of coarse someone requests it.

vick

Billy - everyone is always free to take any of my ideas that they want. Lord knows I take from every one else.

Kevin - I may have a little something for you but it will not be this pen. I had some wood scores last week, and I know you are running short on pen blanks[:D], I just need to cut it up. Thnaks for the offer on the Wenge but I hardly ever use it either, just as accent and I have 5 or 6 piece still.

Anthony - I have something special in Walnut coming up latter in the week just for you. I know how much you love walnut[}:)]

woodscavenger

I can't tell, is the clip a standard slimline or the upgrade with the black strip? I think the extra $ for the strip would add a touch of class to the pen.

vick

Originally posted by woodscavenger
<br />I can't tell, is the clip a standard slimline or the upgrade with the black strip? I think the extra $ for the strip would add a touch of class to the pen.
The clip is the standard gold clip. In general I am not fond of the ones with the black strip so I did not even consider it, but on this pen it would probably go very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom