Zebra Wood Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Seer

Seer

Another first for me I had picked up this blank and noticed it had a couple of small worm trails I think they are in it. As I got nearer to the end I truned it off and it was full of trails, so much so that I thought it was a lost cause. But then I remeber reading somewhere here about making a slurry to fill it in. I took some dust froma black walnut pen I had just sanded and mixed it with CA and packed it in leaving excess on the outside. I let this sit overnight and finished it the next day and feel pretty good about the results. I am getting better thanks to your advice on getting the wood closer to the bushings and it makes a world of difference in the appearance. Let me know what you think. Sorry about the photography I am in the process of working on better pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0893.JPG
    IMG_0893.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0894.JPG
    IMG_0894.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 191
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

guts

Jerry,I think you did a good job on this one,only thing I'd have done different would be to use the dust from the same wood.

Seer

Tried to but but because the places were already black I thought a dark wood would be best. I can tell you this much I am having a ball doing these. Thanks

CaptG

Nice job. Good looking pen. You can get crushed semi-precious gem stone from AZ and I have used the crushed turquoise with good results. The ladies really like the turquoise lines in the pens.

Top Bottom