Zebra Navigator

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from itzapen

itzapen

This was a diagonal cut piece of Zebra wood that I turned then mounted it on a Navigator kit. The wood was sanded with 150 grit through 600 grit, then micro meshed to 12,000. I applied seven coats of CA and eight coats of accelerator to it. Three coats thin CA to get a base, four coats to of medium CA. Accelerator was applied between each coat as well as before any CA was applied to remove any sanding dust particles. Then it was sanded with 400 grit and 600 grit and then micro meshed all the way to 12,000. To bring out the grain and adding that luster finish was done with three coats of Meguiars Gold Class Carnauba Plus paste wax. (Yes, it's car wax). It resists oils from your skin and also any skin acids. It also does not smear or show finger prints as some wax's do. And as they say in Hollywood, "That's a rap". Hope you like it, all comments welcomed.

Attachments

• Zebra Navigator.jpg
    Zebra Navigator.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 269
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

itzapen

Sorry, I think I may have made it a bit small, but I don't know how to make it bigger. Before I resized it, it was to big and wouldn't let me upload it. I'm new at this, I'll try to do better. Sorry.
Clyde

itzapen

Terry, I wish I knew how. I'll Have to try again tonight. Computers are not someting I grew up with LOL. But I try. Thanks for the info.
Clyde

terryf

Very nice pen indeed and good macro photography to boot!!

Attachments

• Zebra Navigator01_filtered.jpg
    Zebra Navigator01_filtered.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

itzapen

Terry,
Thank you so very much for all the help. Now please just tell me how to replace the old photo if I can.
Thanks Again
Clyde

terryf

Terry,
Thank you so very much for all the help. Now please just tell me how to replace the old photo if I can.
Thanks Again
Clyde

That I'm afraid can't be done.

I would suggest creating a new thread if you want the photo in the first post. You cannot edit a thread after 60 minutes.

Top Bottom