Zebra F-Series LeRoi

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Chatham PenWorks

I know it's nothing very special to look at, but thought I'd share because of the odd refill. The barrel had to be shortened quite a bit, and the tip had to be drilled out just a little. Total length is cut nearly 1/2". They're pretty smooth writing refills, and I can see why I was asked to build a pen around it.

image-2436190042.jpg

image-55526827.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Pretty cool! Just hope for the sake of the customer they don't ever quite making those refills(unless you have a blank stretcher somewhere:eek:) Seriously though, what is the total length of the pen now?

Cool colored blank too!

Scott (stubby pens are cool) B

I snapped a quick pick to show the length difference. Regular is 5.38", and the Zebra is 5.05". I also made a Zebra refill twist for myself, and it's even shorter, at 4.98".

image-3012113980.jpg

Scott, As much as she loves those refills, I think she'd stock up if it was even rumored that they would be discontinued.

Last edited:

ianjwebster

Please forgive what may be a silly question (I am still fairly new to pen making) but rather than cut the pen down to size why didn't you just put some form of spacer inside? That way the owner could use a regular refill if ever he had a problem getting hold of he Zebra.

Please forgive what may be a silly question (I am still fairly new to pen making) but rather than cut the pen down to size why didn't you just put some form of spacer inside? That way the owner could use a regular refill if ever he had a problem getting hold of he Zebra.

Not silly at all. This lady LOVES her Zebra refills, so I wasn't concerned with needing to us regular refills. IIRC, that was the first thing I asked her about. I don't like spacers anyway, so probably would have tried to steer her away from it. It's just another little piece to get dropped and lost.

hard hat

Navy guys have found a great love for the zebra pens, they are the most durable OTC pens available and write well on any surface. we keep them in business for sure. what a great idea!

Cmiles1985

I love Zebra refills. I actually wrote with Zebra F301's for a long time (up until making pens) since they write so neatly. I tend to write very small, so the fine point is excellent!

Nice work on the above pens.

Clark (I now have a new goal) M

Apnea

I think those refills are the best-writting I have ever found. What pen kit did you use?
And have you used any other kits? Personally, I prefer a slimmer pen
Thanks for sharing
Luis

Last edited:
I think those refills are the best-writting I have ever found. What pen kit did you use?
And have you used any other kits? Personally, I prefer a slimmer pen
Thanks for sharing
Luis

LeRoi was the component set I used. I believe Exotic Blanks sells them now. I've not tried any others, but probably and Sierra style could be made to work with little trouble.

Top Bottom