Zebra-chipless!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ed4copies

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
After reading about the trials and tribulations of turning this material, I thought it might be worthwhile to film making one.

So, here is the pen, the YouTube will be up in a couple hours (or tomorrow if my video camera and I have difficulty with the editing!)

The Zebra pen: Turned in less than 15 minutes: Skew from start (rectangle) to finish.
Video tutorial to follow.

Comments always welcome--sanded to 800, polished on tripoli and white diamond. Component set is the Chrome Diplomat 4.

Attachments

• zeb-stripe1crop.jpg
    zeb-stripe1crop.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 298
  • zeb-web3crop.jpg
    zeb-web3crop.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 215
  • zebwebclose.jpg
    zebwebclose.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 292
  • zeb-stripeclose.jpg
    zeb-stripeclose.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 240
  • zeb-web3.jpg
    zeb-web3.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tanner

I didn't even know there were trials and tribulations turning the cats. I've turned several and they turn awesome for me. They smell good too.

witz1976

I had no problems turning the zebra last Dec. Other than watching it spin on the lathe:bulgy-eyes::bulgy-eyes:...but it's nice to see the "Resinator" is still turning:biggrin:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Video is still coming off the camera onto the computer, so look for it on YouTube tomorrow sometime, not tonight.

Sorry for the delay--my "fast software" trial expired, so back to SLOWWWWWWW software-3 hour download.

Phunky_2003

I've made several of the zebra blanks in both the black and white and pink and yellow from exotics and havent had problems with any of them. My daughter did drop her sierra and the acrylic cracked but that was all user error ummmm she says the concrete broke it........ lol.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Frustration factor has exceeded 11 on a scale of 10!!

Spent the day trying to convert the vid to a form usable on YouTube--I HAVE done this before.

NOT today!!!

Ordered the software that should come tomorrow--with a full owner's manual that I hope will allow me to make the video viewable.

Sorry for the delay. Will try again tomorrow!

seamus7227

Love the blanks!! I too, loved the experience of turning that material, customer was very satisfied as well!!! Many thanks to Ed and Dawn for carrying such wonderful selections of materials on their website!!!!

MoJo

Great Video

Ed - Great video! Now you have to show us how to get our skews that sharp! I finally switched to the carbide tipped Wood Pen Pro after too many chipped out ends. I turned your rainbow disco blanks with no probs. I also finished tuning my Alchemy and Ancient Mars blanks today.

Attachments

• 20100313_0283-small.jpg
    20100313_0283-small.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Top Bottom