you're all a bad influence on me.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from paintspill

paintspill

I'm kidding of course.
I was perfectly happy with slimlines. then cigars, then fountain pens, then segmenting, then casting. NOW THIS. what happened.

so this is my first venture into "steampunk"

since it was a first and I was down to only 2 kits and I didn't want to ruin a fountain pen I went with this cigar. (also being a first I knew that cigars had a lot of meat to bury gear and stuff)

before I forget I will say thank you to anyone that posted in the library or anywhere that helped me with this one.

details: is obviously a chrome cigar. started with the foil tape, "riveted" then ca glued on the gears. I have a whole new appreciation for watch makers. they have to make those things work. then cast it in cast'n'craft. into the pressure pot then let it sit in the basement for an extra day after it came out of the pot to let everything really set up. out of the moulds turned it down, had a really bad blow out on one end, hence to ebony segment. the pictures don't really do it justice.

half way through I thought "never again" but I'm rethinking that

Attachments

• 100_5862.jpg
    100_5862.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 368
  • 100_5864 - Copy.jpg
    100_5864 - Copy.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 306
  • 100_5865z.jpg
    100_5865z.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 334

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Marc... Some addictions are better than others... :redface:

I kind of like yours.

SWEET PENS! I like the look. Sometimes these look "too busy" for my taste, but the silver has a "clean look."

Very excellent!

Cool save with the ebony!!!

Top Bottom