Your Lance Sire, The Cat and the Rat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from greeneyedblackcat

Steven- Aka Skiprat and I have a pen swap going on, I just completed his pen, A medieval jousting lance crafted from 316 stainless steel and snakewood, it uses a G2 rollerball insert. I also built him a desk stand from wrought iron, Momma Cat- Aka my lovely wife embroidered a two sided Welsh flag for the display. If Steven doesn't like it he can chuck it in the "skip" and I will build him a better one. Thanks for the awesome pen Steven. >>>>>>>>>>>Jim K

Attachments

• Skiprat 1.jpg
    Skiprat 1.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 469
  • skiprat 2.jpg
    skiprat 2.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 346
  • skiprat 3.jpg
    skiprat 3.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 254
  • skiprat 4.jpg
    skiprat 4.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 297
  • skiprat 5.jpg
    skiprat 5.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 265
  • skiprat 6.jpg
    skiprat 6.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 194
  • skiprat 7.jpg
    skiprat 7.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 247
  • skiprat 8.jpg
    skiprat 8.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 247
  • skiprat 9.jpg
    skiprat 9.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 234
  • lance 1.jpg
    lance 1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 212
  • lance 2.jpg
    lance 2.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 237
  • Lance 5.jpg
    Lance 5.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
.....and I absolutely love it!!!!!:biggrin:
Like I just said in my email, I really believe that this is your best work yet.:eek::biggrin:

Ha Ha, I'm stunned and gobsmacked !!!!

Man that is just way too cool for words.:biggrin:

The flag will always fly high. It fits in fantastically!!!! Please thank the special lady for me:wink:

Right I'm gonna drool over the pics again!!!!:eek:

Many thank James and Mrs Cat

Cats Rule !!!!:biggrin:

ldb2000

If he chucks it in a skip , I hope it's my skip he chucks it in . Cool design and incredible craftsmanship on both you and your wifes part (that flag is amazing)

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hell, I'm still drooling !!! :eek: I think I'm gonna have to print some picture so I can look at it untill it arrives. :biggrin:

We've grown to expect exceptional work from you, but the detail in the flag is incredible !!!!:eek:

One very happy little rat here in Wales right now!!:biggrin:

maxman400

Another great one!!! I noticed under photos it says that you don't have any. You should post all of these great pens in a photo album, SO the rest of us can go to one spot to turn green with envy!!!!!

gvpens

AMAZING WORK !!!!
Both of you guys are a real asset to the IAP. You keep the bar raised extremely high for all of us. We may never reach your level, but at least you keep us challenged to be creative in everything we try to do. Many thanks for your postings!
Outstanding job!!!

Wayne Smith
Glade Valley Pens

bitshird

Jim; that is just too cool, I think the flag is great, your wife's eyes must be those of a cat or she wore some good magnifying glasses, Amazing work on every ones part, sure glad we all got to see the results of this trade!!!!

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I got a skip out back here he is welcome to use. I will even put it in there for him, honest (fingers crossed). Great looking pen, I think I need to break down and buy a metal lathe finally.

I got a skip out back here he is welcome to use. I will even put it in there for him, honest (fingers crossed). Great looking pen, I think I need to break down and buy a metal lathe finally.

Welcome to the "Dark side" you will be turning everything on the planet when you get that metal lathe :) There is also plenty of support on the IAP if you need it.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
What a wonderful piece of art! You both do absolutely amazing craftsmanship turning out your special brand of writing instruments! Truly unique. And I have to say, Jim, I admire your wife's skill in making that flag as much as I do yours for making the Lance/pen.

Rollerbob

No doubt some of you guys have got to be on crack to come up with this stuff!:biggrin: Unbelievable and crazy is the best I can utter!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Mmmmm ?? Welsh Knight huh Dawn??:biggrin: Dunno about that:rolleyes:
Maybe if I make a pen for QE 2, she will knight me. She has knighted people for less before now. :wink::biggrin:

Just popped in to take another peek before I head of to work...:biggrin:

Russianwolf

Rob, I know I not up to snuff, but you don't have to go pointing it out to everyone?!?!?!

:wink:

Cat, that just another amazing example of your work for me to drool over.

mickr

Astounding..amazing, and really hard to grasp your total abilities as a craftsperson..you rock

cnirenberg

Well done Sire. Jolly good and all that. Now for the Florida version. Whoooooooooweeee. That there is some wicked looking frog sticker, and it wrirtes too. Jim, you have outdone yourself.. Awesome job.

Mmmmm ?? Welsh Knight huh Dawn??:biggrin: Dunno about that:rolleyes:
Maybe if I make a pen for QE 2, she will knight me. She has knighted people for less before now. :wink::biggrin:

Just popped in to take another peek before I head of to work...:biggrin:

I second the Welsh Knight nomination, Long live "Sir Turns Alot" :biggrin:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
LOL James, I think her Corgis stand more chance than me, I live in and love Wales, but I'm a serious international mongrel rat.:biggrin: No fixed abode:wink:

I think I rememebr her knighting or 'honoury' knighting an American not so long ago:confused: So maybe we might even see a Royal 'Cat' one day:rolleyes:

Hell, I'm still drooling !!! :eek: I think I'm gonna have to print some picture so I can look at it untill it arrives. :biggrin:

We've grown to expect exceptional work from you, but the detail in the flag is incredible !!!!:eek:

One very happy little rat here in Wales right now!!:biggrin:

Steven, I shipped your pen Monday afternoon the pictures will have to get you by for a few more days. Glad I could provide the "Jackson Clan" with a new family heirloom :)

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Got it !!!!

:biggrin:

Fetched it from the post office this morning and I can assure everyone that this thing is SLICK!!!!!:eek::biggrin:
My wife even made space on her display cabinet for it!!!! None of my stuff is even allowed in the same room:redface:
The finish on both the stainless and the wood is just wild!!! I thought that only people like Mark Liggett could get a finish like that!!!!

Thank you James, and Mrs Cat too of course:wink::biggrin:

Steven, glad you like it, I know it has found a good home :) As to the finish we all know that only Mark Liggett can pull off a "Mark Liggett finish" but I am flattered by the comparison. Thanks for the great swap, Rats rule!!

OZturner

Incredible Work, from a Special Trio,
What a Fantastic Collaboration.
Superb Initial Concept and Execution of a Jousting Lance,
Glorious Addition of the Wrought Iron Support Stand,
Magnificent "Icing on the Cake" the Beautiful and Perfectly Embroided Welsh Flag.
Congratulations All Round.
Brian.

Top Bottom