Young turner in the making?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SteveJ

SteveJ

My wife's niece is here in tow for the week. When we saw her last my father-in-law gave her her choice of pens he has bought from me to give away. She chose a Bolt Action Stylus Tec pen wrapped in the new Green and Black M3. She thought she loved it, and she did until...

While here I offered to teach her to turn her own pen and she chose a Lazerlinez Coyote which she wrapped in a Blue Panther Rhino plastic blank.

She says she has poor hand eye coordination and bad fine motor skills. I think she has been talked out of it. She managed to turn this just fine with no tear our or chipping.

She is 18 and just starting community college this fall. She enjoyed turning the pen and if she gets loads of good comments on it I'm guessing she might try to convince her dad to buy her a lathe...

Attachments

• JessiePen1.jpg
    JessiePen1.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 258
  • JessiePen2.jpg
    JessiePen2.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 247
  • JessiePen3.jpg
    JessiePen3.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 313
  • M3TechStylus1.jpg
    M3TechStylus1.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 290
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveJ

Whoa, if you are suggesting that I will be buying those things that just isn't going to happen! I've got six of my own kids and six grandkids to consider before committing to outfitting a niece!

She did do a nice job though!

Next week I'll have my 21 year old (today) daughter's boy friend in town with us so I will give him the opportunity to turn a pen as well.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Dear Niece of Steve:

Amazing work for you're reported skill level (I have full faith in Steve's summary). The pen you turned... (I hate your guts!!! - JUST KIDDING :eek:). Is beautiful!

As a hobby, this is as good as it gets! With your skills, maybe you can teach "Uncle Steve" how to turn a pen (Yea, another bad joke). :rolleyes:

Be well and have FUN! (You too Steve!).

Oh... Really nice pens!!!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Whoa, if you are suggesting that I will be buying those things that just isn't going to happen! I've got six of my own kids and six grandkids to consider before committing to outfitting a niece!

She did do a nice job though!

Next week I'll have my 21 year old (today) daughter's boy friend in town with us so I will give him the opportunity to turn a pen as well.

But Steve... That's only 12 lathes and complete outfits! (Oh, my bad, the Niece makes 13... unlucky number... :eek::eek::eek:

OH MAN, Good Luck!

Top Bottom