This is for you Vick!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ccarse

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccarse

Well since you said you hadn't seen a pen made from your tutorial I thought I would try my hand. I didn't have any capped pens with suitable clips so I just used a standard european pen and hid the clip. I pretty much followed the tutorial but it was a little different for the euro. Sorry for the horrible picture. I currently don't have a digital camera (mine got put through the clothes washer, dont ask..) so I used my scanner. I was really dissappointed by the quality but you can get the gist. The pen is done in Magenta BEB from BB. There are several problems with this pen (the finish isn't my best and the fit near the CB isn't great) but I just wanted to get it done late last night kind of as a proof of concept. If anyone wants to know how its done I could take some pictures of where the process differs from the tutorial as soon as I get a camera which should be really soon.

tn_scan0001.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vick

I think it looks great. To me the overall goal of a tutorial is for someone to take it and create something new from it and I think you did a great job. No need to apoligize for the scanner that is how I take all of my pen pics.

JimGo

Very nicely done! I'm not a big fan of the Euro pens, mostly because of the finial. This is a great adaptation that opens a lot of new possibilities.

ccarse

Oh, and i found a really easy way to cut the slot. A tiny tiny drill bit. It works great. Then I just clean it out with the coping saw blade and an exacto knife blade.

gerryr

Yup, certainly a great improvement over those semi-tacky looking gold finials, plus you can make the finial whatever shape you like. Good job. I've read through the tutorial several times, but just haven't done one yet. It will be soon though.

cd18524

I can't seem to find the tutorial that you speak of, i would like to give this a try. Can someone please point me in the right direction.
Oh, and great looking pen.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom