Are you resined out yet ? If not.........

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

I stepped up production lately, I have a few shows coming up, and even though I have a large inventory you never seem to have enough. :D

I'm going to have more collections than wood spieces if I keep this pace. :D (and less brain cells)

From the Italia Collection, Terracotta, Legionaire Red,& Bronzo.
The red cap got a center band because the top cracked after the ricochete off the buffer.

2005124231729_DSC01260.jpg

The Soda Fountain Collection, Cherry/Coke & Candy Apple Red..

2005124231926_DSC01276.jpg

Thanks for looking , Anthony

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I think you and Bill Baumbeck are going to have to start sharing that "eye-candy" description! Smashing (and I guess literally on the Legionnaire Red) job!

PenWorks

Bruce, 24 hours is plenty. I have cut them after 8 hours if I got the catalyst right and they are hard.

Mine tend to be a bit softer than the commercial ones, cut a little easier. Very simular to the Inlace from CSU, it is the same material.

Anthony

btboone

Hmm. I must not have mixed right. I just tried some and ruined the parts. It was still mushy inside after 24 hours. Maybe I need to add more oxidizer or keep it at higher temperature? My shop is probably 68 degrees or so.

WoodChucker

Anthony, they all look great. I've been meaning to ask you, do you make up the names yourself or is that the name of the product you buy? Either way I like the names, just curious. Thanks!

R.T.

its_virgil

Anthony,
Nice looking pens. Resin is fun to work with. You do a much better job with the colors than I. I've used universal colorant(from paint store), dry artist's pigments, dry tempura powder, acrylic paint, acrylic pigment. What are you using for coloring the resin? I just ordered another gallon and ordered some dyes and colors from the art supply place. Any help would be appreciated.
Do good turn daily!
Don

Gary

Anthony, those look fantastic! You said you have some shows coming up...what kind of shows do you do?

PenWorks

Artist shows. One is at the golf club I belong to. There are allot of good artist and we have a show once a year and the other is a local artist show in town.

Tis the season for art shows in this neck of the woods between now & end of March. All the Snow Birds are here and we want their MONEY! Send them home broke, I say, the sunshine isn't free.

I did 2 craft shows long time ago, that was two too many.

There was a real nice one tis week end, I couldn't get into. A jurried show, they said my pens were kit made. I am going to start turning some bowls, just to get into the show. Folks were parking a mile away and walking there. All with money, a very high end show. I should have set up at a friends shop but didn't have the ambition and there was so much going on, I didn't think it would be well attended. Boy was I wrong.

Anthony

wayneis

Anthony who ever runs the show sounds like a snob and not a very intellegent one at that. Kit made? If you think about it most anything could be considered "kit made". If someone bought a set of oil paints that just happened to include a canvas and brushes, with narrow minded thinking like they used it could also be considered a kit. I believe that you could come up with many more examples with just a little thought.

Wayne

PenWorks

Your right Wayne, I could have shown a display to them of just bowls and pens made with very little components. I guess I took no for the answer and said F U guys [:D] And wasn't amibitious enough to work a long weekend. [:D] But they have artists there that sell reprints of their original art work, now how original is that, a copy.

Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom