You be the Judge and Jury

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rd_ab_penman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
IAP Search function worked great -- this was the question I was going to ask before I made one -- what color to paint the tubes?

As pen makers, the choice between painting tubes black or silver/gray was split, but in general seemed to trend towards the black painted tubes. Since this post is now over a year old, has anyone tried this "poll" with the consumer -- which one sells the best? I'm making one as a gift, and not planning on selling these, but just curious if those who do sell them have seen the difference in opinion between makers and consumers.

Thoughts?
It's my experience the black tube shows the shredded money better and therefore has been the better seller for me! I prefer to turn them in the Long Clicker style, since that's what sells!

I like both actually, the black ties in the depth of the casting and allows you to see the money float if you like in the acrylic, the silver ties in the hardware and keeps it looking more homogenous over all.

I think if I choose one as a pen maker I might not pick the same one as a buyer. I think the silver/grey would sell first, the black one gives me the idea that the pen body with the visual depth might not be as "full" as the silver grey.

I'd do what I do, when I am not sure I put both in the hands of my daughter, she is always quick to pick the better one in her mind, and, as I know, women see what men don't often see, and she's seldom wrong, my data is what sells, she is very good at helping me get that right

rd_ab_penman

I don't paint my tubes anymore since I went from Slab Casting to RS Mold casting.
Works great for me.

Les

2eectio.jpg

10qkxh1.jpg

4zvm39.jpg

2psizc5.jpg

wizard

My vote is for the second. That pen truly has a depth to it and the money looks more prominent! Both are beautiful.

Top Bottom