You be the Judge and Jury

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rd_ab_penman

rd_ab_penman

Which one of these two Black Titanium and Platinum Sierra Elegant Beauties with Shredded Canadian Five Dollar Bills look the best?

The first one has the blank and tube painted Mat Silver/Grey.

The second one has the blank and tube painted Mat Black.

Les

elegantbeautyblacktitan.jpg

andshreded5dollar.jpg

Scoots

I'd say the second because the shreaded money stands out more with the black paint. The money in the first one looks too blended for me.

Phunky_2003

I'd have to go with the first one. The colors look better. It also appears to have more shredded money in the blank.

James

Rum Pig

I have already voted on this but on a different site but for you mob.

I vote the black one because it gives the money more depth:) (on the computer)

junosdad

More contrast in the second one, but the first one ties together better I think. First one for me, but they're both really nice pens.

Sam

Chief Hill

Black first as the money sticks out more to the eye. The first one would reqire more starring wondering what it is.

snyiper

I like both the first is more subtle and the black has a nice contrast...Ill pick the black if I had to choose only 1...Both are sweet!!!!

Karin Voorhis

They are both great and have my vote for different reasons. however if you really press me against the wall here. The 2nd one as already mentioned I feel the depth. with that all said. the first one has a texture feel to it that is softer and it too has its place.

bgio13

Like them both but I vote for the black one because as stated by others the money stands out more. Seems to have more depth than the grey one.

Ligget

I like the amount of money compressed into No.1 but with No.2 it is easier to make out that it is actually money that has been shredded and cast.

The American dollar (in my opinion) looks better as pen blanks than the Canadian!

Last edited:

Stevej72

I like the black one the best, although I think it would be better if it had a little bit more money. I did two pens a couple years ago with American dollars and the blanks didn't have enough shredded money in them in my opinion. I did find a customer that thought one of them was perfect and he bought it. The other still is in my pen case.

killer-beez

Both look great. Vote number 2 best though.

I tried the money blank but had loads of pin holes. How did you get rid of them? I tried CA but the holes were full of white powder from sanding. What did I miss?

jleiwig

I tried the money blank but had loads of pin holes. How did you get rid of them? I tried CA but the holes were full of white powder from sanding. What did I miss?

I had to clean mine out with a dental pick before I put any CA over the holes. But mine was a bottle stopper, so there were more holes than a pen blank due to the large size.

DFerguson777

The black. More contrast and to me the colors of the money pop.
The first does look more full...but "blended"....to borrow another posters word :biggrin:.
Nice job!
-Denny-NC

eck

I like the second one. Packing $ to tight only brings out the side of the bill, making most squint and saying ... whats that?

witz1976

I like them both! Mostly because I like how the first one matches the color of the money very nicely, however I also like the the black as it makes the shredded cash stand out. Sorry I wasn't much help...or was I? >:)

rd_ab_penman

I apply enough CA to fill all the voids before I do any sanding to avoid white dust in the voids.
If I do happen to get some white CA dust in a void I blow out with compressed air before applying any more CA.

Les

juteck

Canadian Money Blank - what color to paint the tubes?

IAP Search function worked great -- this was the question I was going to ask before I made one -- what color to paint the tubes?

As pen makers, the choice between painting tubes black or silver/gray was split, but in general seemed to trend towards the black painted tubes. Since this post is now over a year old, has anyone tried this "poll" with the consumer -- which one sells the best? I'm making one as a gift, and not planning on selling these, but just curious if those who do sell them have seen the difference in opinion between makers and consumers.

Thoughts?

Top Bottom