York Gum Burl Sierra Vista

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dan_F

Dan_F

Here is another Vista, this time in York Gum burl with CA finish.

P1010923.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Dan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigRob777

Very nice work. It looks like you got ahold of some good bushings. All of mine are messed up, even the ones I bought after the "retooling". The holes weren't centered in the bushings. Again, that's a very nice pen.
Rob

csb333

That looks great! Where did you get your York Gum Burl? I have some I purchased from an individual, and it is beautiful. I put it on a wall street and after a couple of weeks it looked sort of lumpy. I gave it away, so I don't know what it looks like now. Have you had any problems with York Gum? I guess mine could have been green. - Chris

Dan_F

Thanks to all who commented!

Rob---The bushings are from JohhnyCNC. When I get close to the bushings though, I take them off and and just turn the tube between centers. By then very little pressure is required. I uses calipers to tell me when to stop. Saves wear and tear on the bushings too.

Chris---I haven't had any such troubles with burls, I think you must be right about it being still green. I bought a whole burl, I'll probably offer some in the classifieds soon. Let me know if you're interested.

Dan

karlkuehn

Banned
Whoo...Dan, the pen and picture are both great! Your specular highlights are awesome, I'm still working on that. My stupid round lights are a giant pain in the butt. I love the length of your reflections!

Dan_F

Thanks Ken and Karl.

Karl---Not sure how or why I get those long reflections, On this last group of pics, I actually tried to minimize the highlights so as to let more of the figure show. I just run two 2 CFL bulbs, 1 each left and right, and left them on the outside of the "tent", a very makeshift affair consisting of 3 pieces of mat board held erect by various debris on the table, with some sort of white synthetic fabric draped across the whole mess. One of these days I'll have to get around to constructing a proper tent. This one is more akin to a house of cards, subject to toppling at the least provocation. I guess the fabric roof makes for the longer reflection.

Dan

Top Bottom