Yike Stripes!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Buzzzz4

Buzzzz4

When I was kid, there was this crazy gum called Fruit Stripe gum. This blank really reminded me of it. It is a candy stripe done in polymer clay by Ghostrider. Definitely a fun one to turn as you can see from the pic. I put it on a Guardian click. Wanting to find a large diameter pen for an option for some customers. Thanks for looking! And any feedback on the Guardian is much appreciated.

Attachments

• 2012-07-30_23-59-30_108.jpg
    2012-07-30_23-59-30_108.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 246
  • Stripes2.jpg
    Stripes2.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I dislike thse pens....but you nailed this one. Fun looking pen and it suits the kit. I like the fact your blank is sized to the rubber grip.

And I love fruit stripe! Still buy it at Cracker Barrel.

maxman400

Great looking Pen, I have built a few of these and almost all of them have worked loose to where the grip section will start to spin.

Mapster

Great looking Pen, I have built a few of these and almost all of them have worked loose to where the grip section will start to spin.

Max, that was a problem in the design of the first version... The new version they fixed that problem by making the whole grip one piece and the nose cone screws on like usual. It has lower quality plating, but at least the grip doesn't spin.

In my opinion, these are the best click to buy for someone who writes a lot. In school I have to write a LOT, essays here, other things there. My hand would always cramp up no matter what pen I used. When I switched to a Guardian, my hand stopped cramping! I wrote 6 pages (12 front and back) for a test I had in a one hour period and my hand was fine afterwards. As far as durability, I am not sure about everyone else's experiences, but I have been using mine for a year and a half with no problems. It has gone down stairs, flown across parking lots and gone through the wash :eek:. So, that is my take on the Guardian. I really like these pens and would recommend them to anyone.

ghostrider

I just got to look at this one in person and boy was I happy with the way it turned out.

Making the blank was a lot of work but the end result made it well worth the effort. Sweet looking pen. (almost didn't want to let go of it:biggrin:).

robutacion

I can't see what cutter/gauge you are using on that blank but from the ribbons I reckon is a square carbide insert, is it...???

Nice pen, don't thing people would loose it among other stuff easily, huh...???

Cheers
George

Top Bottom