Yet another mammoth mosaic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Alejanders

Alejanders

Second random segment from mammoth scrap.

Attachments

• DSC_0080.jpg
    DSC_0080.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 498
  • DSC_0081.jpg
    DSC_0081.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC_0082.jpg
    DSC_0082.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC_0083.jpg
    DSC_0083.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC_0084.jpg
    DSC_0084.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 160
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

That's AWESOME! I've been looking into some Mammoth tusk, but the stuff is expensive!

D.Oliver

That is great work. Might I inquire as to where you got the kit at? The round button (the part touching the pen barrel) caught my eye. I don't think any of the clips I have are styled like that. I like the looks of it though.

bitshird

Beautiful segmenting, I have a couple of questions though,
What is the black material , and what type glue do you use , Epoxy, or Cyanoacrylate (superglue/CA) the work is very interesting.

Alejanders

That's AWESOME! I've been looking into some Mammoth tusk, but the stuff is expensive!

I can't believe that penturner told that. If you need something inexpensive, you can buy Bic pens - 60 for $9.99. :biggrin:
If you need unique writing instrument, that worth you mind - you need really unique pen, that cannot be inexpensive. :biggrin:

That is great work. Might I inquire as to where you got the kit at? The round button (the part touching the pen barrel) caught my eye. I don't think any of the clips I have are styled like that. I like the looks of it though.
It is just Slimline Pro from PSI.

Beautiful segmenting, I have a couple of questions though,
What is the black material , and what type glue do you use , Epoxy, or Cyanoacrylate (superglue/CA) the work is very interesting.

Black material is a 0,5mm veneer.
A lot of glue needed for that work, so I use transparent Titebond II. It is strong enough for wood and ivory, inespensive and not irritate eyes.
For tube - polyurethane glue.

Top Bottom