Yes I do wood!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

Was on the phone with a member discussing products that we make pens out of and he said "don't you ever do wood?" I said very little for 3 reasons
1- They are not good sellers in the venues that I do, but I do sell a few.
2- They take much to much time to make vs. man made materials ie: finishes and are not great sellers for me.
3- CA has started to affect my eyes and I suck at CA finishes! And did I mention they don't sell well for me.

Well this week I needed to make a few wood pens just to have in stock and I remembered that I had bought a quart of Endoro sanding sealer and gloss finish that I never tried and put up.
Really like the low gloss finish and the very slick feel on these.But talk about time consuming.
The first 2 are HRB from Gary Max the next 2 are Amboyna Burl that had some inclusions filled with crushed turquoise.

Attachments

• IMG_1704-1.jpg
    IMG_1704-1.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_1706-1.jpg
    IMG_1706-1.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_1710-1.jpg
    IMG_1710-1.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_1711-1.jpg
    IMG_1711-1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 155
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toolcrazy

I love using enduro. Only complaint is the time it takes to get it built up. I've been impatient and switched to CA. May go back to enduro when the weather warms up.

Beautiful pens you have there, too.

workinforwood

Great looking pens Roy. The acrylic is a great finish. If you buy or build yourself a little rotisserie, then you can speed things up tremendously because you can apply the finish thicker. Still you should wait a few days before wet sanding it, but that's faster and stronger than laquer.

Oh..btw, a satin finish will set and cure faster than a gloss. A satin finish will wet sand into a super gloss..making the use of gloss a mute point.

Ligget

Gorgeous pens Roy, I understand exactly what you mean, but if you have no wooden pens in stock that is when the customers ask for them! LOL

Top Bottom