Yes finally able to make a pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sumterdad

sumterdad

I have really been busy with the plumbing business that I have not been able to make a pen. been making plenty of blanks just no pens.:frown:
This is a blank that was sent to me for making some custom blanks for william(triw51) It was suppose to be a worthless wood blank cast in blue resin. I think he said aluminite. well to my suprise it was not worthless after all:biggrin: I am very happy with the wood. I really like the way the grain looks. I put this a chrome and satin cigar pen kit.

Attachments

• DSC_0362.JPG
    DSC_0362.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 280
  • DSC_0363.JPG
    DSC_0363.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC_0364.JPG
    DSC_0364.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 214
  • DSC_0365.JPG
    DSC_0365.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 221
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

:eek::eek: Very nice Chris !! Mite I suggest not putting your pen on a backround with a pattern when you take your photo. It draws the eye to the pattern and takes away from the beauty of the pen itself. Keep up the good wood !! Jim S

Last edited:

sumterdad

:eek::eek: Very nice Chris !! Mite I suggest not putting your pen on a backround with a pattern when you take your photo. It draws the eye to the pattern and takes away from the beauty of the pen itself. Keep up the good wood !! Jim S

Yea i am waiting on a photo tent. Maybe then i can start to take better photos.

sumterdad

Thanks it feels good to be able to turn again. When you go that long you wonder if you can still do a good job.

plantman

:biggrin::biggrin: Chris: Check out a artical in the library under casting by Gerry Rhoades on how to take photos. He shows you how to make a light box out of white translucent plexiglass, where to purchase it, and how to light it . I made this setup and it takes great photos with no shadows or reflections. Goes together with super glue and no cutting involved. Your up and running in 5 to 10 minutes. I think it cost me about $50 with shipping. Check it out in my photos under "plantman". I usualy have to get my wife to show me how to turn the camera on when I take photos. Jim S

sumterdad

:biggrin::biggrin: Chris: Check out a artical in the library under casting by Gerry Rhoades on how to take photos. He shows you how to make a light box out of white translucent plexiglass, where to purchase it, and how to light it . I made this setup and it takes great photos with no shadows or reflections. Goes together with super glue and no cutting involved. Your up and running in 5 to 10 minutes. I think it cost me about $50 with shipping. Check it out in my photos under "plantman". I usualy have to get my wife to show me how to turn the camera on when I take photos. Jim S

Thanks. I will have to look into this. It looks simple enough to make.

SDB777

Thanks. I will have to look into this. It looks simple enough to make.

You can make a light tent out of an old carboard box and a white sheet...then some lights on the sides and top. If the sheet isn't new, the biggest cost is the lighting.

Scott B

Top Bottom