Yep, one of my ehtries to the BASH

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Twissy

Twissy

This was my entry to the Advanced Beautiful Pen contest. It didn't get very far, but I do appreciate the votes it did get.....thank you!
Why didn't it get anywhere? Because the competition was far too tough, and justice was served with the top spots going to the best entries!
This pen though is as far as I'm concerned is my best pen to date.
I plan to do a tutorial on how I do my silver bands, and took some pictures whilst making this pen, but they are just not detailed enough. Guess that means I'll have to make another to take some more....bummer:biggrin:
C&C's welcome.

IMG_1176.JPGIMG_1173.JPGIMG_1172.JPGIMG_1170.JPGIMG_1161.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

Without knowing any of the add'l details forthcoming in a planned tutorial, I know enough now to opine that this pen is excellent. It's style and visual balance grabbed me on my initial look, and equally so on subsequent looks. It is a beautiful pen, with uncluttered simplicity as one of its predominate traits. Very nice work. Too bad you "have" to make another!

Si90

That's a really classy and sophisticated looking pen - Great proportions and simple lines. Instantly liked it as soon as I saw it.

Kaspar

Can't wait to see that tutorial. That is some fine work. I passed over your pen with the greatest reluctance, but with only three votes and so many great entries, I couldn't even bring myself to vote for my own.

plano_harry

John that is a beautiful pen! I would really like to see any level of tutorial on your technique. I would love to be able to make a pen like that. That would put you in the running for Best Tutorial next year!:good:

Harry

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Great looking pen. The bands are a nice feature. Looking forward to YOUR tutorial. I guess no body looks at the Library. BTW, I voted for this pen. It's a beauty!:wink:

OZturner

John, the Profile and Lines of your Pen fill ones vision with immense Pleasure and Enjoyment.
Your Proportions are Superb, as is your Fit and Finish.
The Blank is Subtle, Colourful, and Sophisticated,
adding to the Classic Appearance of the Pen.
The Two Silver Rings on the Cap, are perfectly placed, and add to the overall vista.
Masterful Craftsmanship.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Twissy

Thank you all for your kind words!

My planned tutorial will focus on making the rings from silver wire. There is an excellent tutorial in the library by Chuck (dalecamino) showing how to do cap bands HERE It was this tutorial that gave me the confidence to have a go myself.

By the way, do you have a metal lathe or do everything on a wood lathe?

I do have a metal lathe Dan, but all of this pen was done on the wood lathe as I don't have a collet chuck for the meta lathe....yet!

Thanks again all.

Regards
John

Hendu3270

I would also like to see the tutorial, if you'd share. I've been reading as many tutorials as I can on kitless pens as of late.

This is a beautiful nice pen and you should definitely be proud.

Hendu3270

I do have a metal lathe Dan, but all of this pen was done on the wood lathe as I don't have a collet chuck for the meta lathe....yet!

Thanks again all.

Regards
John

I've been considering a metal lathe recently, but I'm not looking forward to making room in the small shop for it. Nice to see this quality and precision of kitless being done on a wood lathe. What wood lathe are you running?

Twissy

I've been considering a metal lathe recently, but I'm not looking forward to making room in the small shop for it. Nice to see this quality and precision of kitless being done on a wood lathe. What wood lathe are you running?

My wood lathe is is a Jet 1220VS. I bet my shop is smaller than yours :biggrin:
It has to function not only as a workshop, but also retail too, about 20ft x 10ft. Look HERE. It doesn't look anywhere near as tidy anymore:)

Last edited:

Quality Pen

It has to function not only as a workshop, but also retail too, about 20ft x 10ft. Look HERE. It doesn't look anywhere near as tidy anymore:)
wow that's a cool little page to explore :)

Hendu3270

Wow! so clean. I try (at times) to keep mine clean but it's nothing compared to that.

It has to function not only as a workshop, but also retail too, about 20ft x 10ft. Look HERE. It doesn't look anywhere near as tidy anymore:)[/QUOTE]

Very nice looking shop set-up.......and the inter-active Google tour of the entire area is cool.
Great atmosphere to work and sell from.

Bill

tgsean

Wow that is truly an awesome pen. I really liked the google interactive map, and was able to see your set up and shop, that is a dream shop mate. Well done

Top Bottom