Yep, I am happy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tinker

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinker

My first inlay. Cranberry Acrylic lasered with fabric and craft paint in the letters. "Osborne High School."
Will see how it wears with time. Should do ok as it can be put through a wash and dry cycle after 72 hours.
Comments and critique welcomed.
tn_4.jpg

Still don't have this picture thing solved, but I am working on it.
here is a link http://home.earthlink.net/~tinker.richard/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/3.jpgto a better pic.
And anotherhttp://home.earthlink.net/~tinker.richard/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Richard,
From what I can tell, it looks very nice! Did the fabric paint wipe off the non-engraved portion of the blank easily (remember, I'm the one who said he's clumsy...)?

tinker

JimGo,
I roughed it out, then lasered, then filled, then mm through 12000. An eraser takes it off just after application to keep from loading the sandpaper with excess.

elody21

This pen looks great!, but I would like to see it in a bigger picture!!! I am NO expert at this but,I usually set the largest side of the photo at 800 and it comes out a nice size.

tinker

Originally posted by elody21
<br />This pen looks great!, but I would like to see it in a bigger picture!!! I am NO expert at this but,I usually set the largest side of the photo at 800 and it comes out a nice size.
I agree, it is time I figured this out. Here is an attempt.

200571031120_9.jpg
<br />
Standing and taking a bow.[8D][:D]

JimGo

Congrats! Now, the next tips:
1) use a tripod, or at least rest the camera against a box, table, or other stationary object when you take the picture. This will reduce the wobble on the edges (see, for example, the horizontal lines in the center band) so the picture looks clearer. Also, try exhaling as you squeeze the trigger, using the timer function, or using a remote control to further reduce operator-induced wobble.
2) crop out the extraneous background stuff - it makes the picture size smaller, which makes it more friendly to the database here (doesn't take up as much space), it allows you to take away all the distracting background, and it allows you to zoom in on the stuff you want to show.
3) Try to get overtop of the lettering a little better - because of the angle, we can't quite see into the letters all the way.

These are offered as constructive critisism, and you should feel free to completely ignore them as you see fit. With respect to number 3, I have on occasion (I won't say when!) selectively chosen to take a pic from a particular angle to "mask" a problem I had, and if that's why you chose this particular angle, then it was a good choice, because the lettering looks pretty good!

tinker

JimGo,
I totally agree with you. All great suggestions. Not trying to mask any problems, just a novice with the digital. I have been reading the photography forum and will be using all I have learned there on the next pictures. I realize lighting, background and stabilization are all important factors. I just haven't dedicated the time to implementing them. I pledge to do so soon. Thanks for the guidance. I accept all criticism as constructive.[^]

JimGo

Tinker,
The biggest one is #1; you'll be AMAZED at the difference it makes if you just lean the camera on something - I know I was! I have a little 3" high tavel tripod that I use on some occasions, but I also shoot a lot of mine with the camera just resting on the table, on a box, or just about any other reasonably stable object (i.e., anything but me!) that I can find. I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom