Yellowwood EuroSlim W/ Black Ti

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Tn-Steve

Tn-Steve

Originally this pen was just to test some sanding tips I had seen in the finishing thread, and when I got done it was such a nice looking blank that I had to dress it accordingly.

It's yellowwood (first time I worked with it), it's sort of inspired by the euros, but has it's own character. It's got some curves, but not excessive, and I think that the black Ti works well with the yellow. Black chrome would have ended up looking like a bumble-bee. Rather than use a centerband, (or add on a piece of contrasting wood, 'cuz remember, this was just a test of some techniques) I decided to just turn a couple of little grooves into the base of the top section, just to give the eye something to look at.

It's not one that I'm likely to carry, just not my taste, but I'm sure that I'll put it into the inventory when I get the web-shop on-line. (and yes, I'll take a better picture then)

Hope you enjoy,

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_0267.jpg
    IMG_0267.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 263
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rdunn12

Nice looking pen,I think you made the right plating choice.The black would'nt have looked as good.I did a Yellowheart pen with a black chrome kit once and needless to say 2 years later I am still the proud owner of that pen.

Tn-Steve

Nice looking pen,I think you made the right plating choice.The black would'nt have looked as good.I did a Yellowheart pen with a black chrome kit once and needless to say 2 years later I am still the proud owner of that pen.

Yea, I'm still a bit challenged when it comes to picking good matches between hardware and blanks. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that Black Ti goes with almost Everything in terms of color and finish. I knew that Gold wouldn't look good, Chrome didn't work when I held it against the blank, so I decided that since it came out better than I had planned I'd pop for a good kit to decorate it with.

SMW

Top Bottom