Yellow Cedar Burl Kitless

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lorbay

lorbay

This is a kitless yellow cedar burl it has a JoWo front end section with a snap fit cap, brass inserts for threads on the body and a couple of brass centre bands.
Thanks for looking.

Lin.

Attachments

• IMG_0014.jpg
    IMG_0014.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_0016.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 301
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gbpens

Great work! Beautiful piece of burl. I bought a small slab of yellow cedar burl in Ottawa last month. Seeing your works makes me want to get down in the shop and try that piece of cedar.

SDB777

Cedar Burl is like hens teeth....so hard to find the good stuff!

It definitely deserves the kitless turning you have done. The insert looks professional, and I betting that JoWo puts down a nice seams ink stream!!!

Scott (stabilized?) B

lorbay

Thanks everyone it was a little different to make. Sure hope the customer likes it. She already has 2 of my kitless pens and wanted one from a native wood to this area and no clip, and I was fine with no clip. Lol
Lin.

seanphotoguy

awesome pen

Im a newbie to the whole idea of kit-less. would love to do kit-less wood pens but have never seen a snap cap?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

If I had a dream pen that I would love to be able to make its the one you just posted.

Sean

lorbay

Im a newbie to the whole idea of kit-less. would love to do kit-less wood pens but have never seen a snap cap?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

If I had a dream pen that I would love to be able to make its the one you just posted.

Sean
Here is one simlar to the one I used. this one is from Richard Greenwald seen here

Top Bottom